ABOUT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES (UILS)
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes in the country with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counselling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc
The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the
economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practicing lawyers.
ABOUT PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
One of the oldest universities in India, Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has ranked 2nd in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) amongst Indian Universities declared by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 2020. It has ranked 4th amongst Indian institutes/ universities by International Ranking Agency, the Times Higher Education (WUR) in 2019- 2020. It has won the prestigious Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy for best all-round performance in sports among Indian Universities for continuous two years in succession 2018-19 and 2019-2020. University campus is spread over an area of 550 acres (2.2 km2) in sectors 14 and 25 of the city of Chandigarh. University has 78 teaching and research departments and 15 Centres/Chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh.
ABOUT SOCIETY FOR QUIZ
The Society for Quiz is a constituent society of the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Society owes its existence to the vital role played by the quizzes in the learning process. Considering how promising the quizzes are in terms of expanding the horizons of one’s knowledge and improving the efficiency of mind, the Society is completely devoted to organizing various types of quizzes throughout the year, both online and offline. Also, to keep the spirit of competition alive, the Society aims not to limit itself to its home institution but also to reach out to the students throughout the nation. Furthermore, believing in the potential of a quiz as an activity to raise general awareness, the Society is also unrestricted in its choice of topics for the quizzes and is not limited merely to the topics of the law.
ABOUT GENERAL SCIENCES-UPSC
The term Science was originated from the Latin word “Scientia,” which means knowledge. In simple terms, Science is a phenomenon that enables us to understand how a certain thing works. It is an integral part of this universe and is responsible for our evolution in this world. General science is science in its basic and pure form. Science deals with the things related to our day-
to-day life. Science is any system of knowledge that is concerned with the physical world and its phenomena and that entails unbiased observations and systematic experimentation. In general, science involves a pursuit of knowledge covering general truths or the operations of fundamental laws.
Sciences is one of the most dynamic subjects in the UPSC exam. This section can be divided into subsections i.e. Evolution of the Earth, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Current events on Science and Technology. Almost 10-15 questions are asked from this section in the UPSC prelims of the IAS exams.
The objective of the quiz is to ameliorate the participant’s knowledge. It will also helps in revising the entire syllabus in the simulated setting of the actual exam.
· The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
· The competition is also open to the school students (9-12 classes).
· No restriction on the number of entries from one University/College/Institute.
· The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking on the following link:
· The Last date for registration is Feb 16 , 2021.
· There is No Registration Fee for the Competition.
SCHEME OF QUIZ
· There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
· All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
· The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
· The participants registering for the quiz via the Google Registration form will receive a confirmation mail from our side.
· The participants of the event will be added by the team of SFQ in the Quiz WhatsApp group for the purpose of this event.
MODE OF QUIZ
· The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
· The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group so formed for the quiz.
· The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be sent in the confirmation mail, once the participant successfully submits the registration form for the same.
· Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in the registration for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
For more info, read the official brochure.
|Last Date of Registration||February 16, 2022||Wednesday (Midnight)|
|Quiz Competition(Round I)||February 18, 2022||Friday (06:30 PM – 07:00 PM)|
|Result Declaration(Round I)||February 19, 2022||Saturday|
|Quiz Competition(Round II)||February 20, 2022||Sunday (06:30 PM -06:45 PM)|
|Result Declaration(Round II)||February 21, 2022||Monday|
|Receiving of Certificates||March10, 2022||Thursday|
· The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
· The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 750+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
· The 3rd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
· The Top 10 winners will get a Certificate of Commendation
· The Next Top 25 winners will get a Certificate of Recognition
· All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
Kindly mail your queries at – [email protected]
In case of any query, you can also contact our student convenors via:
Vaibhav Goyal (President): 9781520216
Rabia Mittal (Secretary): 9780212040
Pranjali Aggarwal (Treasurer): 7858820006
For registrations and certificate contact:
Sahil Jain (Event Coordinator): 9468031236
Chakshu Gupta (Co- Coordinator): 8847407840
Yuvraj Dhananjaya (Co- Coordinator): 9988216307
- Call for Blogs: Commercial and Financial Law Reporter (CFLR): Submit Now!
- MediateGuru’s Most Awaited 2nd Edition of Landmark Virtual International Mediation Competition: Register by Mar 22!
- One Week National Workshop on ‘Intellectual Property Rights: Relevance and Importance in the Global Era’ |CIIPR RGNUL X CIPAM [22nd-26th November 2021]: Register by Nov 18!
- Two Day Intensive E-Certificate Course on Introduction to Patent Prosecution, Litigation & Counselling | CSRIPR, NUSRL Ranchi [13th-14th November 2021]: Apply by Nov 7!
- Inter-College Paper Presentation Competition by Sunder Deep College of Law: Submit by Nov 20!
- National Article Writing Competition by Manipal University Jaipur: Submit by Nov 21!
- Call For Submissions | Vantage (in collaboration with IRO): Submit Now!
- National Webinar On The Art Of Advocacy by HILSR, Jamia Hamdard: Nov 6!
- Senatus – National Corporate Law Conference by SVKM’s NMIMS School of Law, Navi Mumbai: Submit by Nov 30!
- Panel Discussion on “3D PRINTING AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES” by DPIIT, IPR Chair, GNLU X Microsoft Chair on IPR Law and Policy Research : Nov 13!
- National Quiz Competition On Constitutional Law by Hamdard Institute of Legal Studies & Research(HILSR): Register by Nov 19!
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- “Call for Papers” by “International Cyber Research Journal”(Free Publication for Professionals) by WCSF: Submit by November 15, 2021
- 1st National debate Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL (Lincoln-Douglas debate format): Register by November 8!
- Global Symposium on Labour and Employment Laws by NLIU-NLUD: Submit by November 15!
- Kanooniyat Mediation Plan Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships, Free Webinars): Register by November 7!
- Webinar on “Importance of Planetary Well-being in the Contemporary World” by School of Law, Mahindra University: Oct 23!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘The Indian Legal System: A Critique” by Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH RGNUL): Oct 25!
- Online Certificate Course on Mergers and Acquisitions by Fortitude Learning: Register by Oct 27!
- Call for Papers | Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by Centre for Environmental Law, Advocacy & Research, National Law University, Assam| Submit by November 30, 2021
- Call For Submissions: 4th Edition Of The Muses [Department Of Law, University Of Calcutta, Literary Magazine]: Submit by Dec 31!
- 1st National MS Rathi Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2021 by LatestLaws.com X Indian Dispute Resolution Centre: Register by Oct 25!
- Call for Chapters in an Edited Book on Theme – “Human Rights & Intellectual Property Rights”: Submit by Nov 30!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.