Trilegal is one of India’s top-tier law firms delving into some of the biggest and most complex transactions across sectors. The firm’s working environment, deep sectoral and transactional background, and supreme quality of lawyers enable it to tap into a vast clientele extending to both, domestic and international corporations. The firm’s Corporate and M&A practices have not only allowed them to be ranked consistently as one of the best in India but have also won them multiple accolades over the years.
The National Law Institute University (NLIU) was established by Act No. 41 of 1997 of the Madhya Pradesh Legislature to provide modern legal education through multidisciplinary teaching and imparting of up-to-date skills. The University has successfully instilled a sense of social responsibility along with scholastic and reflexive capabilities bearing in mind larger national and humanitarian goals.
CBCL was established as a “Centre for Excellence” in 2008 to generate awareness and facilitate research in the field of corporate and commercial laws in India. Since its establishment, CBCL has produced rich research output contributing to the legal discourse in the country in the field of corporate and commercial laws. The Centre, through its various initiatives, provides students with the tools to broaden their horizons and foster a robust foundation for becoming successful legal professionals.
The Centre for Business and Commercial Law (CBCL) in collaboration with Trilegal is organizing the 7th NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Corporate and Commercial Laws, 2021 virtually on 19th February 2022.
Persons who wish to participate in the Summit shall be encouraged to incorporate an innovative and diverse approach to the topic while taking into consideration a wide array of issues arising out of commercial and corporate laws. The submissions are expected to be of contemporary social relevance and must demonstrate high standards of scholarship. Furthermore, authors are encouraged to use the diverse methodology and base their research on the analysis of existing judicial practice, legal instruments, and sources, or based on empirical data. These topics shall broadly include (but are not limited to):
2. Competition Law
3. Insolvency And Bankruptcy Laws
4. Securities And Investment Laws
5. Banking and Finance Laws
6. Taxation Laws
7. Commercial Disputes
Some indicative topics are as follows:
1. Cross border insolvency and restructuring
3. Big Data and Competition Law
4. Recent Developments in Capital Markets
5. Insolvency of Financial Services Providers
6. Sustainable Financing and the Role of Green Bonds
7. Analysis of major IPOs
Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be 4000-6000 words long, dealing with an issue in-depth and demonstrating a comparatively higher level of analysis. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
Essays: Manuscripts under this category should be 2000-3000 words and either cover a recent development or be issue-specific. Co-authorship is not allowed.
Kindly note that the word limit is exclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is prescribed.
Submission is expected to be of high academic quality and must comply with the prescribed substance, formatting, and citation standards. Furthermore, submissions will be accepted only if:
i. The title succinctly encapsulates the topic and explains the body of work;
ii. The abstract briefly describes the idea behind the submission in not more than 200 words, its structure, and the authors’ conclusion(s);
iii. The issue(s) are clearly identified and adequately described; and
iv. The submission is coherently presented.
* A submission will not be accepted if it has been plagiarized.
Times New Roman, Font Size 15, in, Bold, aligned Centre.
Times New Roman, Font Size 11, line spacing 1.5, Margins of 2.0, Italics, aligned center.
• Heading: Times New Roman, Font Size 14, Bold, aligned center.
• Sub-Heading: Times New Roman, Font Size 13, aligned justified, numbered in Capital.
Body Text: Times New Roman, Font Size 12, 1.5 line spacing, aligned justified.
Times New Roman, Font Size 10, spacing 1, aligned JUSTIFIED, Citations must conform to the standards laid down in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th 2015).
Please ensure a 1 inch/2.54 cm distance on all four margins.
Submissions made to the summit are on an exclusive basis. These submissions must not have been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The contribution presented to and accepted for publication along with the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the CBCL and shall vest with it.
Along with the manuscript, the authors must send an originality and copyright statement signed by the author(s) declaring the manuscript to be the original work of the author and whereby the author(s) declares that the copyright of the work vests with NLIU, Bhopal.
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons.) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized university for the academic year of 2021-2022, to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
Registration and Submission
All papers must be submitted on or before 31st January 2022 (23:59 IST) through the specified google form link (here). Further, any clarifications should be sent to: [email protected]. Each submission must contain the following documents, in addition to the manuscript and personal details and affiliation of the author(s), without which the submission will NOT be accepted:
An originality statement, signed by the author(s), declaring that the manuscript is the original work of the author(s).
A copyright statement, signed by the author(s), whereby the author(s) agrees that the copyright in the work shall vest with CBCL.
In case of any query, please contact us via email at [email protected]
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.