Call for Blogs : The USLLS ADR Blog invites crisp and analytical submissions pertaining to Alternative Dispute Resolution Laws on a rolling basis.
About the University
Established in 2001, University School of Law and Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is located in Dwarka, New Delhi, India. An eminent institute, USLLS holds the 12th position in NIRF’s 2021 Rankings for law schools across India. It is the first University to be in the vicinity of the Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, various subordinate courts, commissions, tribunals and various monitoring offices of national and international voluntary organisations.
USLLS aspires to open new vistas in the arena of law, legal studies, theoretical and clinical legal education through an incessant endeavour towards developing academic potential, critical analytical ability, advocacy, counselling and mediation skills so as to fully equip the students with learning which is intellectually stimulating, socially vital and professionally enriching.
About the Blog
The USLLS ADR Blog is an initiative of University School of Law of Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. We, at USLLS ADR Blog, believe that sustained academic deliberation is required to ensure that the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution Law grows continuously, and becomes the mainstream solution to disputes. Our aim is to provide a conducive platform that fosters discussions and deliberations pertaining to the field of ADR by academicians, researchers, students and practitioners. We hope to promote the culture of ADR and acquire the viewpoints of the various stakeholders in the field.
In pursuance of that vision, we have also constituted a diverse Advisory Board consisting of extremely accomplished individuals in the field of ADR so as to enable the Blog to ensure that the viewpoints of the various stakeholders are addressed through the holistic functioning of the Blog.
The Blog received its Inaugural Message from HMJ Rekha Palli, Judge, High Court of Delhi. Additionally, our inaugural blog series features the articles of 12 esteemed legal professionals from around the world. To read their blog pieces or to know more about us, please visit our website at www.usllsadrblog.com.
Board of Advisors
The members of the Board of Advisors are: Mr. Ratan K. Singh (Senior Advocate and Arbitrator), Mr. Shashank Garg (Independent Counsel and Arbitrator), Mr. Divyakant Lahoti (Advocate-on-Record and Arbitrator), Mr. Thomas P. Valenti (Attorney and Conflict Resolution Specialist), Ms. Veena Ralli (Mediator and Organising Secretary, Samadhan – Delhi High Court Mediation & Conciliation Centre), and Dr. Nidhi Gupta (Associate Professor, NLU Jodhpur).
We welcome all submissions pertaining to the field of ADR, subject to the following guidelines:
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation, or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
- Submissions should be original and unpublished work of the author(s). Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic rejection. Moreover, if the Turnitin similarity index reports over 20% similarity (after making the relevant exclusions such as bibliography, quotes, small matches etc.), then the submission shall be rejected.
- Submissions should be concise. They should range between 1000-2000 words. Longer posts may be published in parts subject to the editorial board’s discretion. The word limit is exclusive of endnotes.
General Formatting Guidelines
- Formatting Typescript
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Text Alignment: Justified
- Citation Style
- Method of Citation: Endnotes
- Format of Citation: Bluebook 20th edition
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 10
- Line Spacing: 1.0
- Text Alignment: Justified
All submissions are put through a rigorous double blind review process where they are evaluated by two editors on different parameters. The review process usually concludes within 14 days from the date of receipt of the acknowledgment of the submission. Once the review is complete, the decision of acceptance (conditional or unconditional) or rejection is communicated to the author. The authors will be provided 10 days to make the necessary changes that may be suggested by the editorial board. It is expected that the authors will make all changes in good faith.
Copyright and Exclusivity
Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the editorial board, the copyright over the manuscript shall vest in the Blog. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the author(s).
The Blog only accepts exclusive publications. Once a manuscript is accepted, the same cannot be published elsewhere.
We accept rolling submissions. All submissions must be made to: [email protected]. The file must be a word document (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). An abstract/summary of not more than 100 words must accompany the submission. The abstract/summary is exclusive of the word limit for the article. The author(s) are also requested to submit a short biography detailing their current designation and institutional affiliations.
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
- Virtual National Conference on ‘Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction’ by NLSIU: Register by 20th Nov 2022
- Call for Papers: 15th International Seminar on ‘Right to Privacy in Digital Era-Challenges and Solutions’: Submit by Nov 20, 2022
- Call for Papers: Maharishi Journal for Law & Society, Vol. IV Issue I with ISSN: 2581- 8007 by Maharishi Law School, Noida: Submit by 25 November 2022
- Call for Papers: JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal: Submit by December 05, 2022
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.