About JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal
JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal (ISSN No: 0447-1954), the flagship publication of University College of Law, Osmania University, is a peer-reviewed biannual journal of law published since 1954. The subscribers of the journal include famous law colleges and institutes across India. JUSTITIA provides a medium for the presentation and proliferation of unique perspectives on current and pressing legal issues. The Journal boasts of Advisory Board comprising of famous legal personalities in India, and aims to main a high academic standard and integrity.
Call for Papers
Submissions in the form of Articles, Essays, Comments and Book Reviews are invited from Academicians, Practitioners and Researcher Scholars in the field of law by the Editorial Board of JUSTITIA, Osmania University Law Journal, for its upcoming issue proposed to be published in December, 2022.
Academicians, Practitioners and Researcher Scholars in the field of law.
· Article: 5,000 – 8,000 words
A complete analysis of a certain subject is expected in the Article. It must examine or analyze the current situation, pointing out the gaps and suggesting viable remedies. The author may adopt a historical, exploratory, comparative, or multi-disciplinary approach to substantiate the argument. The articles with empirical research are encouraged.
· Essay: 3,000 – 4,000 words
An essay is comparatively succinct than article, and may put forth the idea and the argument of author in a briefer manner.
· Book Review: 1,000 – 2,500 words
A book review may contain a detailed description, critical analysis of a book’s quality, meaning, and significance.
· Comment: 1,500 – 2,500 words
Any recent judgement, landmark case, or any current enactment or Bill pending before the Parliament or a State Legislature may be the theme of a Comment.
All the submissions must contain an Abstract of up to 200 words providing a summary of the contribution and up to 5 Keywords. The word limits are exclusive of abstract, endnotes; and the authors are requested to strictly adhere to it.
The theme for submission of manuscripts is any issue relating to the Indian Law, and multidisciplinary issues of current legal significance.
· All submissions must be made in electronic form in Word format (.doc/.docx) only. The submissions shall be mailed to [email protected] ; [email protected] with the email subject as ‘JUSTITIA Submission 2022’.
· Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two persons.
· All submissions must be accompanied with a Covering Letter stating the Name, Designation and Affiliation of the author/authors; Contact details of the author including email and phone number; and the Title of the Manuscript. The author/s shall mention their particulars only in the Covering Letter and not in the manuscript of submission.
· The author/s shall submit a Declaration along with the submission stating that the manuscript is their original work, is in compliance of the research ethics and it is not published/submitted for consideration in any other publication. The author/s shall also submit a Brief-Bio about themselves in about 100 words along with their submission.
· Plagiarism in any form shall result in rejection of the submission, and the decision of the Board of Editors in this matter shall be final.
· The Board of editors may make changes that are necessary to meet the requirements of space and format of the Journal.
· The decision on publication of the manuscript would be intimated to the author tentatively within (30) Thirty days of receipt of the submission.
· The Title of the manuscript should be Arial font, size 14; the Abstract should be Arial font, size 11 italic style; and the Body of manuscript should be Arial font, size 12 with 1.5 spacing and justified alignment. The Endnotes and References should be in Arial font, size 10 with single spacing.
· The submission of Article or Essay must contain an Abstract of up to 150 words. There shall be no endnote/citation included in the abstract.
· The submissions shall adhere to The Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), Fourth Edition 2012. The author/s may refer to the OSCOLA Quick Reference Guide for guidance. The citations shall be in the form of endnotes only, and followed by References, if required.
· Endnotes should be numbered in sequential order and References, if any, shall be listed in the end of the manuscript in alphabetical order. The Authors are responsible for the accuracy of the endnotes/references.Proper citation of the source of literature used in the manuscript must be indicated in the endnotes/references.
· The author/s may include acknowledgements, if any, at the end of the article before the beginning of the endnotes.
Last date for submission of manuscripts is 05-12-2022. Early submissions are encouraged. Submissions made after the deadline would not be considered for the upcoming issue.
Please NOTE that there is NO COST/CHARGES to be paid for Publication in the Journal.
The Chief Editor, JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal,
University College of Law, Osmania University.
- Call for Blogs: International law and Policy Society NLUO [ILPS]: Rolling Submissions for 2022-2023
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Civis: Apply by Oct 26!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thomas George and Associates, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- Women in Government Fellowship by Femme First Foundation: Apply by Nov 30!
- National Essay Writing Competition, 2022 by AGISS Research Institute: Submit by Nov 10!
- Call For Papers: Journal of Intellectual Property Law (JIPL) by Nirma University: Submit by Nov 20!
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 19!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Manocha & Ghosh Law Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Research Internship (Virtual) at Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research (AFPR), Lucknow: Apply Now!
- Call for Blogs | “International Conflict & Human Rights” by CRaSH, DNLU: Submit Now!
- Call For Submissions for the e-Magazine-Fourth Edition by Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME): Submit by Nov 05!
- 5th National Essay Writing Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL: Submit by Dec 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Law and Technology by RMLNLU[Jan 07-08]: Submit Abstract by Nov 05!
- Essay Writing Competition by Law Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Submit by Nov 14!
- Legal Jobs – 11th Oct 2022
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Ethos Legal Alliance, Mumbai: Apply by Oct 12!
- Legal Internship at Link Legal, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at LegalPay, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship at LOHUM, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Nagarajan Law Office, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 15!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.