Call for Blogs : The USLLS ADR Blog invites crisp and analytical submissions pertaining to Alternative Dispute Resolution Laws on a rolling basis.
About the University
Established in 2001, University School of Law and Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is located in Dwarka, New Delhi, India. An eminent institute, USLLS holds the 12th position in NIRF’s 2021 Rankings for law schools across India. It is the first University to be in the vicinity of the Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, various subordinate courts, commissions, tribunals and various monitoring offices of national and international voluntary organisations.
USLLS aspires to open new vistas in the arena of law, legal studies, theoretical and clinical legal education through an incessant endeavour towards developing academic potential, critical analytical ability, advocacy, counselling and mediation skills so as to fully equip the students with learning which is intellectually stimulating, socially vital and professionally enriching.
About the Blog
The USLLS ADR Blog is an initiative of University School of Law of Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. We, at USLLS ADR Blog, believe that sustained academic deliberation is required to ensure that the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution Law grows continuously, and becomes the mainstream solution to disputes. Our aim is to provide a conducive platform that fosters discussions and deliberations pertaining to the field of ADR by academicians, researchers, students and practitioners. We hope to promote the culture of ADR and acquire the viewpoints of the various stakeholders in the field.
In pursuance of that vision, we have also constituted a diverse Advisory Board consisting of extremely accomplished individuals in the field of ADR so as to enable the Blog to ensure that the viewpoints of the various stakeholders are addressed through the holistic functioning of the Blog.
The Blog received its Inaugural Message from HMJ Rekha Palli, Judge, High Court of Delhi. Additionally, our inaugural blog series features the articles of 12 esteemed legal professionals from around the world. To read their blog pieces or to know more about us, please visit our website at www.usllsadrblog.com.
Board of Advisors
The members of the Board of Advisors are: Mr. Ratan K. Singh (Senior Advocate and Arbitrator), Mr. Shashank Garg (Independent Counsel and Arbitrator), Mr. Divyakant Lahoti (Advocate-on-Record and Arbitrator), Mr. Thomas P. Valenti (Attorney and Conflict Resolution Specialist), Ms. Veena Ralli (Mediator and Organising Secretary, Samadhan – Delhi High Court Mediation & Conciliation Centre), and Dr. Nidhi Gupta (Associate Professor, NLU Jodhpur).
We welcome all submissions pertaining to the field of ADR, subject to the following guidelines:
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation, or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
- Submissions should be original and unpublished work of the author(s). Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic rejection. Moreover, if the Turnitin similarity index reports over 20% similarity (after making the relevant exclusions such as bibliography, quotes, small matches etc.), then the submission shall be rejected.
- Submissions should be concise. They should range between 1000-2000 words. Longer posts may be published in parts subject to the editorial board’s discretion. The word limit is exclusive of endnotes.
General Formatting Guidelines
- Formatting Typescript
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Text Alignment: Justified
- Citation Style
- Method of Citation: Endnotes
- Format of Citation: Bluebook 20th edition
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 10
- Line Spacing: 1.0
- Text Alignment: Justified
All submissions are put through a rigorous double blind review process where they are evaluated by two editors on different parameters. The review process usually concludes within 14 days from the date of receipt of the acknowledgment of the submission. Once the review is complete, the decision of acceptance (conditional or unconditional) or rejection is communicated to the author. The authors will be provided 10 days to make the necessary changes that may be suggested by the editorial board. It is expected that the authors will make all changes in good faith.
Copyright and Exclusivity
Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the editorial board, the copyright over the manuscript shall vest in the Blog. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the author(s).
The Blog only accepts exclusive publications. Once a manuscript is accepted, the same cannot be published elsewhere.
We accept rolling submissions. All submissions must be made to: [email protected]. The file must be a word document (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). An abstract/summary of not more than 100 words must accompany the submission. The abstract/summary is exclusive of the word limit for the article. The author(s) are also requested to submit a short biography detailing their current designation and institutional affiliations.
- Call for Papers | International Seminar on Environmental Law & Policy by AGISS Research Institute & MVN University: Submit Abstract by Oct 14!
- 1st Legislation Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Science: Submit by Nov 30!
- Call for Papers | Interdisciplinary National Conference by BIHER: Submit by Sep 26!
- 2nd Annual Lex Fiesta 2022 by CLS GIBS: Register by Nov 1!
- Call for Blogs | Nirma University, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights’ IP Blog: No Fees, Submit Now!
- National Seminar on “The Role of Fast track special courts in the state of Tamilnadu” by VIT School of Law X NCW Delhi: Oct 07!
- Call for Paper | Lloydian Volume 8 Issue 2 (2022), Issue II International Student Law Review Of LLOYD Law College: Submit by Dec 15!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- One Day National Conference on ‘Right to Information: Law, Policy and Governance’ by RGNUL: Register by Oct 08 (Extended)
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 13!
- Call for Articles by WDE (World Disputes Ecosystem – Federation of Integrated Conflict Management) Organisation [No Fee]: Rolling Submissions
- National Workshop on Drafting Pleading and Conveyancing-2022 by Alliance University: Register by Sept 22!
- National Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights Regime: A Reflection of Contemporary Society & Economics by Amity University Raipur: Register by Sept 09!
- Call for Blogs by the Chanakya Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, CNLU Patna: Submit by Sept 30!
- Call for Papers: RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review (RFMLR) Volume X Issue I: Submit by October 30!
- CfP | Indian Competition Law Review (ICLR) by NLU Jodhpur| Submit by Sept 30!
- Two-Day International Conference on the theme of Self-Reliance in Trade and Development: Re-Defining the Contours of Law and Policy by CEERA, NLSIU: Submit by Sept 15!
- Call for Papers by CALR | Journal of Applicable Law & Jurisprudence Volume II: Submit Now!
- CoP | Transdisciplinary International Conference on The Coherence of Global Sustainability – A Way Forward by Amity Law School Noida: Submit by Aug 25!
- Call for Papers | MyLawman Socio-Legal Review Journal Volume II Issue I by MyLawman: Submit by October 30!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.