Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU) was established by act 16 of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in 2016. HPNLU has been proactive in taking initiatives that help to enhance the academic potential of the learners. The University is committed to provide interdisciplinary and practical/application based legal education keeping in view the requirements of overall developments of its students. Under the academic and administrative leadership of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Nishtha Jaswal, the team HPNLU is committed to achieving new heights in legal education. In the five years and a half of its foundation, HPNLU, Shimla has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance the academic potential of its faculty members, students and research scholars.
About the Competition
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, (HPNLU, Shimla) is delighted to announce the third edition of the National Moot Court Competition, 2022 in association with the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC). The competition is powered by SCC Online and EBC as knowledge partners. This flagship event has been devised with the aim to create an opportunity for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in constitutional law and human rights law, besides armoring the upcoming generations of the legal fraternity with research and oratory skills. The Moot Proposition of the Competition will revolve around constitutional law, human rights, and related laws.
However, the participants will be expected to explore different dimensions of law and not restrict themselves to the theme of the Competition. In the past, HPNLU has successfully conducted two editions of its National Moot Court Competition in virtual mode, which witnessed significant participation of law students from all over India. Keeping up with the spirit of mooting, this year as well, we are delighted to organize our flagship event in association with NHRC, in the premises of our campus, surrounded by the beautiful landscape of Shimla. We cordially invite your Law School/ University/ Institution/ College etc. to participate in the Competition.
About the NHRC
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India was established on 12 October 1993. The statute under which it was established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993, amended by the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Act, 2006. It is in conformity with the Paris Principles, adopted at the first international workshop on national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights held in Paris in October 1991, and endorsed by the General Assembly of the United Nations by its Regulations 48/134 of 20 December 1993. The NHRC is an embodiment of India’s concern for the promotion and protection of human rights. Section 2(1)(d) of the PHRA defines Human Rights as the rights relating to life, liberty, equality, and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
International workshop on national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights held in Paris in October 1991, and endorsed by the General Assembly of the United Nations by its Regulations 48/134 of 20 December 1993. The NHRC is an embodiment of India’s concern for the promotion and protection of human rights. Section 2(1)(d) of the PHRA defines Human Rights as the rights relating to life, liberty, equality, and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
The Competition will be conducted offline, and the venue for the same would be Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla. This edition’s problem will revolve around contemporary and developing aspects of Constitutional Law and Human Rights Law.
The wait is finally over and Round I registration has started from 13th of September, 2022, and the last date for round I registration is the 30th of September, 2022. A detailed timeline is provided in the brochure. The Moot Court Committee at HPNLU, Shimla welcomes Law Schools, Colleges, Institutions, and Universities from all over the country, to participate in the 3rd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition in association with NHRC, 2022. All interested may show their interest by registering for the competition by filling in the Google Form, as provided under as well as in the Rulebook.
We’ll be happy to address any queries and provide assistance in the process. All Queries may be directed at email@example.com or you can contact the following persons for any clarifications.
Mr. Shubham Mahajan (Student Co-convenor)
Mr. Sanchit Sharma (Student Member)
Ms. Vanshika Maan (Student Member)
- 9th Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition by Seedling School of Law and Governance, Jaipur National University: Register by Jan 17!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- 2023 NHRC-RGNUL Human Rights National Moot Court Competition: Register by Jan 20!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- 18th National Moot Court Competition KSHAN 2023 by Raisoni Law College: Register by Jan 15!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 5th Shri. Hashuji Advani Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2022-23 by VES College of Law: Register by Dec 25!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- 7th National Moot on Constitutional Law by Law College Dehradun [Feb 24-26; Prizes Worth Rs. 1 L]: Register Now!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Moot Court Competition by DNLU in association with NHRC [Feb 10-12, 2023; Prizes worth Rs.1.3 lakhs]: Register by Dec 18!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- 5th Surana & Surana and UILS National Moot Court Competition: Register by Dec 30!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.