Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU) was established by act 16 of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in 2016. HPNLU has been proactive in taking initiatives that help to enhance the academic potential of the learners. The University is committed to provide interdisciplinary and practical/application based legal education keeping in view the requirements of overall developments of its students. Under the academic and administrative leadership of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Nishtha Jaswal, the team HPNLU is committed to achieving new heights in legal education. In the five years and a half of its foundation, HPNLU, Shimla has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance the academic potential of its faculty members, students and research scholars.
About the Competition
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, (HPNLU, Shimla) is delighted to announce the third edition of the National Moot Court Competition, 2022 in association with the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC). The competition is powered by SCC Online and EBC as knowledge partners. This flagship event has been devised with the aim to create an opportunity for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in constitutional law and human rights law, besides armoring the upcoming generations of the legal fraternity with research and oratory skills. The Moot Proposition of the Competition will revolve around constitutional law, human rights, and related laws.
However, the participants will be expected to explore different dimensions of law and not restrict themselves to the theme of the Competition. In the past, HPNLU has successfully conducted two editions of its National Moot Court Competition in virtual mode, which witnessed significant participation of law students from all over India. Keeping up with the spirit of mooting, this year as well, we are delighted to organize our flagship event in association with NHRC, in the premises of our campus, surrounded by the beautiful landscape of Shimla. We cordially invite your Law School/ University/ Institution/ College etc. to participate in the Competition.
About the NHRC
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India was established on 12 October 1993. The statute under which it was established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993, amended by the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Act, 2006. It is in conformity with the Paris Principles, adopted at the first international workshop on national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights held in Paris in October 1991, and endorsed by the General Assembly of the United Nations by its Regulations 48/134 of 20 December 1993. The NHRC is an embodiment of India’s concern for the promotion and protection of human rights. Section 2(1)(d) of the PHRA defines Human Rights as the rights relating to life, liberty, equality, and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
International workshop on national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights held in Paris in October 1991, and endorsed by the General Assembly of the United Nations by its Regulations 48/134 of 20 December 1993. The NHRC is an embodiment of India’s concern for the promotion and protection of human rights. Section 2(1)(d) of the PHRA defines Human Rights as the rights relating to life, liberty, equality, and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
The Competition will be conducted offline, and the venue for the same would be Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla. This edition’s problem will revolve around contemporary and developing aspects of Constitutional Law and Human Rights Law.
The wait is finally over and Round I registration has started from 13th of September, 2022, and the last date for round I registration is the 30th of September, 2022. A detailed timeline is provided in the brochure. The Moot Court Committee at HPNLU, Shimla welcomes Law Schools, Colleges, Institutions, and Universities from all over the country, to participate in the 3rd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition in association with NHRC, 2022. All interested may show their interest by registering for the competition by filling in the Google Form, as provided under as well as in the Rulebook.
We’ll be happy to address any queries and provide assistance in the process. All Queries may be directed at [email protected]hpnlu.ac.in or you can contact the following persons for any clarifications.
Mr. Shubham Mahajan (Student Co-convenor)
Mr. Sanchit Sharma (Student Member)
Ms. Vanshika Maan (Student Member)
- Call for Papers | International Seminar on Environmental Law & Policy by AGISS Research Institute & MVN University: Submit Abstract by Oct 14!
- 1st Legislation Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Science: Submit by Nov 30!
- 2nd Training Programme on International Maritime Law by Gujarat Maritime University in association with Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University: Oct 3-9!
- Conference on ‘Mediation: A Suggested Resolution, A Forced Compromise or an Amicable Settlement?’ by WDE- World Disputes Ecosystem: Sept 29!
- Legal Conclave on, ‘Indianisation of Legal System and Education’ by Law Faculty of Delhi University: Sept 29/30!
- Webinar series on ” MEDIATION IN ACTION- Process and Techniques” by ACADR, Alliance University: Sept 26!
- Call for Papers | Interdisciplinary National Conference by BIHER: Submit by Sep 26!
- 12th Padma Vibhushan N.A. Palkhivala Memorial National Moot Court (Virtual) Competition 2022 by MNLU Mumbai: Register by Oct 31!
- 12th Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2022 by Army Institute of Law: Register by Sep 30!
- 2nd Annual Lex Fiesta 2022 by CLS GIBS: Register by Nov 1!
- Call for Blogs | Nirma University, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights’ IP Blog: No Fees, Submit Now!
- National Seminar on “The Role of Fast track special courts in the state of Tamilnadu” by VIT School of Law X NCW Delhi: Oct 07!
- CLEA-MGCL Moot Court Competition 2022: Register by Oct 1!
- Call for Paper | Lloydian Volume 8 Issue 2 (2022), Issue II International Student Law Review Of LLOYD Law College: Submit by Dec 15!
- Lex Omnia Moot Court Competition by MNLU Mumbai & BITS-GOA: Register by Sept 30!
- 3rd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition in association with NHRC [October 28 – 30, 2022]: Register Now!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Certificate Course on International Humanitarian Law by CASH RGNUL: Register by Sep 26!
- One Day National Conference on ‘Right to Information: Law, Policy and Governance’ by RGNUL: Register by Oct 08 (Extended)
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 13!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.