About Wildlife Crime Control Bureau
Wildlife Crime Control Bureau is a statutory multi-disciplinary body established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, & Climate Change, to combat organized wildlife crime in the country. The Bureau has its headquarter in New Delhi; five regional offices at Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai and Jabalpur; three sub-regional offices at Guwahati, Amritsar and Cochin; and five border
units at Ramanathapuram, Gorakhpur, Motihari, Nathula and Moreh. Under Section 38(Z) of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, it is mandated to collect and collate intelligence related to organized wildlife crime activities and to disseminate the same to State and other enforcement agencies for immediate action so as to apprehend the criminals; to establish a centralized wildlife crime data bank; co-ordinate actions by
various agencies in connection with the enforcement of the provisions of Act; assist foreign authorities and international organization concerned to facilitate co-ordination and universal action for wildlife crime control; capacity building of the wildlife crime enforcement agencies for scientific and professional investigation into wildlife crimes and advise the Government of India on issues relating to wildlife crimes having national and international ramifications, relevant policy and laws. It also assists and advises the
Customs authorities in inspection of the consignment of flora & fauna as per the provisions of Wildlife Protection Act, CITES and EXIM Policy governing such an item.
About the Opportunity
Internship at Wildlife Crime Control Bureau provides an excellent opportunity for students/researches to familiarize with various issues related to wildlife & the functioning of Wildlife Crime Control Bureau.
Under the internship programme the intern shall have an orientation session on the organization and would be assigned specific areas of work. They shall report to and work under the close supervision of Head of Department. The nature of work may be to collect & consolidate data on wildlife crimes or carryout any other task entrusted to them under the directions of the Head of Department.
A. Students pursuing graduation/post graduation/Diploma in any of the following
- Any subject related to Wildlife Management/Conservation/Protection.
B. The applicant should not be in a regular job either in Public/Private Sector.
C. The applicant should not be more than 30 years of age.
D. The applicant should be an Indian Citizen.
The Internship Programme in Wildlife Crime Control Bureau will be conducted in two phase in a year, during the summer & winter vacations of colleges. Summer Internship shall be conducted during the month of May & June and Winter Internships during the month of December & January. Each programme will be one month long commencing from the 1st of the month and concluding in the end of the month.
Certificate of Internship
A. Certificate will be issued by the Wildlife Crime Control Bureau to intern on
- Satisfactory completion of the internship
- Submission of a report on completion of the internship.
- Interested students may apply only in the prescribed format given here.
- Application must contain recommendation of the Head of Institute in official letter head from the academic institution where the candidate is pursuing his/her studies.
- The Application in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent by post to reach-The Additional Director, Wildlife Crime Control Bureau, 2nd floor, Trikoot-I, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066.
- Envelope carrying application should be super scribed “Application for Internship for Month/Year”.
- The Application should reach this office 5 weeks before the proposed date of commencement of the internship.
- Duty Filled Application Form.
- Copy of self attested two proof of identity one being Aadhar Card.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Recommendation letter of the Head of Institution in official Letter head.
- Self attested certificates of educational qualifications etc. mentioned in the application form.
- The application received will be scrutinized by the Selection Committee and the selected candidate will be intimated accordingly. The composition of the Selection Committee shall be decided by the Additional Director.
- While selecting the candidates for internship the selection committee shall give due importance to the academic performance of the applicant.
- The meeting of the selection committee shall be held two times in a year.
- The decision of the selection Committee shall be final and binding and no queries in this regard shall be entertained.
- The Wildlife Crime Control Bureau’s Headquarters is a Delhi and its five Regional offices are at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata & Jabalpur and subregional offices at Cochin & Guwahati. The intern may be attached to any of the offices.
Terms and conditions of engagement
- No remuneration shall be paid to the intern for their internship in Wildlife Crime Control Bureau.
- The intern shall have to undertake the activity as directed by the concerned Regional Deputy Director in the respective Regional Offices or by the Additional Director in the case of Bureau Headquarters.
- WCCB may terminate the internship of any intern at any point without giving any reasons as it deems fit.
- The intern will not be authorized to use the data collected/information gained during their internship in Wildlife Crime Control Bureau in any academic publication/research project without the prior approval of the Additional
- The intern will have to sign an undertaking regarding non-disclosure of information to any other authority that comes to his/her knowledge during the course of internship.
- Joining or completing the internship programme form Wildlife Crime Control Bureau is not an assurance for a job in the organization.
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Novopay, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at JUVAS, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis (MP-IDSA) Internship Programme: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Stipend at Safe Ledger Private Limited: Apply Now
- Internship Program at the Indian Patent Office: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR): Apply Now!
- Legal Opportunity (Senior Associate) at K.Datta & Associates: Apply by Oct 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AKJ Attorneys & Solicitors LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Sharma & Associates & Precept Law Firm, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 22!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Kaavya Silambanan Associates, Chennai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KPS Advocates, Gurugram: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity under Adv. Dr Shrikant Malegaonkar, Malegaonkar & Associates, Pune: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Lawpretation Legal, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 25!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Law Office of Adv. Sandeep Mishra, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Law Office of Adv. Anchit Jain, Shivpuri, MP: Apply by Oct 17!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at LK&BG Advocates & Solicitors, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Centre for Trade And Investment Law (CTIL): Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Content Writer at CloudLegis: Apply Now!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.