Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is the statutory university established by the Govt. of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 . The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) (2f & 12B) . The University is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) , United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) , International Association of Law Schools (IALS) , Asian Law Institute (ASLI) and Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute .
About DPIIT IPR Chair
The Department for Promotion of Industries and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, officially selected Gujarat National Law University for establishment of DPIIT IPR Chair, under the Scheme for Pedagogy & Research in IPRs for Holistic Education & Academia (SPRIHA). National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy ,2016, a vision document promotes a holistic and conducive ecosystem to catalyze the full potential of intellectual property for India’s economic growth and socio-cultural development. One of the several objectives of the Policy is to strengthen IP Chairs in educational institutes of higher learning to provide quality teaching and research, develop teaching capacity and curricula and evaluate their work on performance-based criteria.
About the Vacancy
Position Research Assistant – Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) IPR Chair
Date – Saturday, 04th December 2021
Remuneration – Rs 40,000 – 50,000/- per month (Fixed)
Last date for submitting the application: Saturday, 11th December 2021
Division: Research and Publication
Role and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of IPR Chair Professor, DPIIT and Dean Research, GNLU the incumbent shall perform the following roles and responsibilities;
(i) Conduct Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) research in relevant areas of law under the guidance of IPR Chair Professor – DPIIT;
(ii) Provide research assistance to Chair Professor – DPIIT whenever required;
(iii) Develop, plan, execute, monitor and report Intellectual Property Rights research in collaboration with external Universities, Institutions, Government departments, Industrial and Economic agencies, Judiciary within India and abroad;
(iv) Provide Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) research counseling and scholastic assistance to IPR Chair
Professor – DPIIT;
(v) Participate in overall planning and development of research, training and extension programs of DPIIT
IPR Chair activities in the University;
(vi) Perform any other duties including administrative, coordination, etc. as required to achieve the aims and
objectives of the DPIIT – IPR Chair under the guidance of Chair Professor;
(vii) Engage in diverse research activities including field work, data collection, data analysis, report drafting, etc.
(i) LL.M. in IPR Specialization with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or Ph. D in Law preferably in IPR Specialization from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited Foreign University.
(ii) Good knowledge of the latest national and international research trends and developments in IPR;
(iii) Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming
online/ on-site discussions apart from Teaching/ Research;
(iv) Fluency in the English language.
(i) Experience in teaching/ research in premier Law Universities/ Colleges in relevant area;
(ii) Excellent inter-personal and team- building skills;
(iii) Ability to innovate and to improve research, training and extension activities or services and to pursue
interesting new ideas and new methods;
(iv) National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC
like SLET/ SET;
– The initial appointment is for a period of 364 days, out of which first three months are to be considered as probation. Further, upon satisfactory performance, the tenure may be extended for an additional period of one year upto maximum three years depending upon the needs and interest determined by the IPR Chair Professor, DPIIT and GNLU.
– Selected Candidate having Ph.D Degree will be paid a remuneration of ? 50,000/- per month and LL.M Degree in IPR will be paid a remuneration of ? 40,000/- per month.
– The position shall be considered a non-regular employee of the GNLU or the DPIIT for all legal and practical purposes.
– Mode of interview: The mode of interview will be online through Cisco Webex Meetings.
How to Apply
-The applicants are required to fill up prescribed application form available on Website and send it to [email protected] on or before 11 th December, 2021 mentioning the subject line as “Application for the Post of Research Assistant – DPIIT – IPR Chair”. Upon receipt of the email, the detailed information related to online interview will be provided to the shortlisted candidates. Application other than prescribed format will not be entertained/considered.
– The application duly signed along with self-attested documents (i.e. Educational Certificates, Experience Certificates etc.) should be forwarded to the University in PDF format by E-mail to [email protected] on or before 11th December, 2021.
– Application received after the last date of submission will not be considered for the interview under any circumstances.
– In case of any further clarification required, kindly contact Mr. Rahul Pandya on mobile number
- Webinar on “Rights of auction purchaser under IBC and DRT” by The Dialogue Box: Dec 10
- Creative Writing Competition | Creative writing by EduMound: Submit by Dec 20
- Call For Papers | Lloydians – International Student Review Journal of Lloyd Law College |: Submit by Dec 15!
- National Quiz Competition on Human Rights by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register Now!
- Call for Blogs | Blog Series on “Right to Privacy and the Legality of Surveillance” by Centre for Internet and Society (CIS), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 15
- Call for Papers | Volume 2 Issue 2: International Journal of Advanced Legal Research (IJALR) [ISSN: 2582-7340]: Submit by Dec 31
- National Conference on”Reshaping the World through Sustainability: Emerging Trends Impacting Development’’ by Ideal Institute of Management and Technology: Submit by Dec 05!
- Online Consultation on the Mediation Bill, 2021 (FREE Webinar) by Bombay Chamber of Commerce: Dec 04!
- Expert Class on Objectivism and Digital Currencies with Dr Raymond C. Niles by South Asia Students For Liberty: Register Now!
- International Virtual Law Fest Lex Bonanza 2021 By Indore Institute Of Law – 17TH TO 19TH December 2021: Register by Dec 10
- 1st Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Constituent Assembly Debate Competition by LedX (Prizes worth 1 Lakh to be won): Register by Dec 6!
- National Seminar On ‘Contemporary Issues In Intellectual Property Rights: A Multi-Disciplinary Perspective’ By Centre For IPR (CIPR), UPES Dehradun: Dec 03
- DIPLOtics 1st International Model United Nations: [4th-6th February 2022]
- Lecture Series On ‘Law And Society’: Lecture 1by Jamia Hamdard: Dec 02!
- International Webinar on “Cryptocurrency-Its Legal Status and Future Challenges In India” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Dec 03!
- Call for Papers |International Seminar (Tenth Virtual) on Credibility of Evidence by Forensic Practices in Crime Investigation [January 8th 2022]: Submit By Dec 16!
- National Opinion Writing Competition 2021 by Navrachana University: Submit by Dec 26!
- Call for Papers | Journal for Law Students and Researchers [JLSR] [Volume III, Issue I]: Submit by Dec 1!
- 16th Edition Of The National Online National Quiz Competition by Legis Scriptor: Register by Dec 4!
- National Quiz Competition by Faculty of Law, Marwadi University: Register by Nov 25!
- National Lecture on Why Constitution Matters? by Jamia Hamdard: Nov 27!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.