The Centre for Business Laws and Taxation (CBLT) is one of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab’s flagship centre. The Centre aims to further its objective of bridging the gap between theory and practice of corporate law. It is established to promote comparative research and discussion in the field of corporate law. It focuses on analyzing current policy approaches on various areas of corporate laws such as corporate governance, insolvency law, mergers and acquisitions, taxation etc. It plans to streamline the process of learning through academic courses, programs and publications. It also focuses on identifying the gaps existing between industry and academia by effective joint research. The Centre follows a multi-disciplinary approach for recognizing problems inthe field of corporate laws and endeavours to engage in dialogue to facilitate changes in it. It is based on the objective of establishing a culture of discussion on corporate laws in the country by educating the next generation of lawyers and law students.
ABOUT THE CERTIFICATE COURSE
The landscape on corporate law has been changing and has even undergone substantial makeover during the last one decade. Varied issues in the insolvency resolution of companies, mergers and amalgamation deals had to be tackled by the lawyers in no span of time. Such issues even resulted in subsequent amendments leading to new opportunities and sometimes more complications. This certificate course on corporate laws and practice is structured with the objective of analyzing the current legal issues in the field of corporate litigation by identifying the lacunas existing in corporate law so as to benefit law students and young professionals understand the nuances of corporate litigation. It will cover various topics of contemporary importance such as structuring a merger deal, preparing a resolution plan, regulation of crypto currency, data privacy and competition law amongst others.The Centre is proudly hosting this course from September to December scheduled to commence on the 25th of September 2022. The course is structured in order to engage in a dialogue and create awareness about the scope and challenges in the field of Corporate law. This includes topics such as Corporate Governance, Financial Market Regulations, Mergers & Acquisitions, IBC, Banking Law, International Trade Law, and Indirect Taxation undertaken by renowned practitioners and stalwarts like:
1. Ms. Anshika Gupta– Associate, Lumiere Law Partners.
2. Mr. Akshat Jain– Associate, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan.
3. Mr. Dharav Shah– Senior Associate, Wadia Ghandy & Co.
4. Mr. Nagashayana Srinivasaish– Principal Associate, Khaitan & Cp.
5. Dr. Sanjay KP Pandey– Legal Advisor, Competition Commission of India.
6. Mr. Shubham Vijay– Principal Associate, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan.
7. Mr. Tushar Behl – Independent Counsel, of counsel at Unity Legal, Ex Associate at Luthra & Luthra and Delos International Arbitration CentreThe resource persons will delve into the practical as well as theoretical nuances of their respective practice areas and interact with the students regarding the requirements of corporate law practice in the contemporary world.
The course would be open for 3rd, 4th, and 5th year of B.A. L.L.B and L.L.M. The registration can be done at the given link . This is the preliminary registration, the form for the final registration shall be floated subsequently. The last day to register for the course is 20th of September 2022, 11:59 pm. No registrations beyond the following deadline will be entertained.
The course will be taught through online lectures by experts in the area of corporate law. Together with the lecture method, case study and collaborative method would also be adopted to analyze the issues surrounding the various aspects of legal and regulatory framework of companies. End of session assignment to be discussed in the next session like a dummy case study.
EVALUATION OF THE COURSE
Participants shall be required to attend minimum of 75% sessions to be eligible for an Exam that may be conducted as part of the evaluation for the course. There will be a set of questions which may consist of practical questions, case studies and MCQs. Each participant must secure 55% in order to become eligible for the award of certificate.
INR 500 (for RGNUL student)
Date:24th September onwards (Every weekend)
For queries, please contact the undersigned.
Avishikta Chattopadhyay (+91) 9800960982
- Virtual National Conference on ‘Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction’ by NLSIU: Register by 20th Nov 2022
- Call for Papers: 15th International Seminar on ‘Right to Privacy in Digital Era-Challenges and Solutions’: Submit by Nov 20, 2022
- Call for Papers: Maharishi Journal for Law & Society, Vol. IV Issue I with ISSN: 2581- 8007 by Maharishi Law School, Noida: Submit by 25 November 2022
- Call for Papers: JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal: Submit by December 05, 2022
- Call for Papers: International Conference by South Asian University: Submit Abstract by December 12, 2022
- Call for Papers: Centre for Corporate Research Law Journal (Volume 6), Institute of Law, Nirma University: Submit by 28th November 2022
- Call for Submissions – “UDBHAV” by Think India Assam: Submit by 13th November 2022
- Call for Papers: Journal on Corporate Laws & Commercial Regulations, MNLU Mumbai: Submit by 20th November 2022
- Call for Blogs: International law and Policy Society NLUO [ILPS]: Rolling Submissions for 2022-2023
- National Essay Writing Competition, 2022 by AGISS Research Institute: Submit by Nov 10!
- Call For Papers: Journal of Intellectual Property Law (JIPL) by Nirma University: Submit by December 04!
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 19!
- Call for Blogs | “International Conflict & Human Rights” by CRaSH, DNLU: Submit Now!
- Call For Submissions for the e-Magazine-Fourth Edition by Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME): Submit by Nov 05!
- 5th National Essay Writing Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL: Submit by Dec 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Law and Technology by RMLNLU[Jan 07-08]: Submit Abstract by Nov 05!
- Guest Lecture on “Arbitration: Emerging Trends for Dispute Resolution” by CCADR, CNLU: Oct 14
- CfP | Aikyam Law Journal by Starex University, Gurugram: Submit by Oct 16!
- CfS | Competition Law Observer Blog by NLU Jodhpur| Submit Now!
- Interactive Session on RTI as a Tool for Electoral Transparency and Accountability by CCLG, RGNUL: Oct 11!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.