The Centre for Business Laws and Taxation (CBLT) is one of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab’s flagship centre. The Centre aims to further its objective of bridging the gap between theory and practice of corporate law. It is established to promote comparative research and discussion in the field of corporate law. It focuses on analyzing current policy approaches on various areas of corporate laws such as corporate governance, insolvency law, mergers and acquisitions, taxation etc. It plans to streamline the process of learning through academic courses, programs and publications. It also focuses on identifying the gaps existing between industry and academia by effective joint research. The Centre follows a multi-disciplinary approach for recognizing problems inthe field of corporate laws and endeavours to engage in dialogue to facilitate changes in it. It is based on the objective of establishing a culture of discussion on corporate laws in the country by educating the next generation of lawyers and law students.
ABOUT THE CERTIFICATE COURSE
The landscape on corporate law has been changing and has even undergone substantial makeover during the last one decade. Varied issues in the insolvency resolution of companies, mergers and amalgamation deals had to be tackled by the lawyers in no span of time. Such issues even resulted in subsequent amendments leading to new opportunities and sometimes more complications. This certificate course on corporate laws and practice is structured with the objective of analyzing the current legal issues in the field of corporate litigation by identifying the lacunas existing in corporate law so as to benefit law students and young professionals understand the nuances of corporate litigation. It will cover various topics of contemporary importance such as structuring a merger deal, preparing a resolution plan, regulation of crypto currency, data privacy and competition law amongst others.The Centre is proudly hosting this course from September to December scheduled to commence on the 25th of September 2022. The course is structured in order to engage in a dialogue and create awareness about the scope and challenges in the field of Corporate law. This includes topics such as Corporate Governance, Financial Market Regulations, Mergers & Acquisitions, IBC, Banking Law, International Trade Law, and Indirect Taxation undertaken by renowned practitioners and stalwarts like:
1. Ms. Anshika Gupta– Associate, Lumiere Law Partners.
2. Mr. Akshat Jain– Associate, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan.
3. Mr. Dharav Shah– Senior Associate, Wadia Ghandy & Co.
4. Mr. Nagashayana Srinivasaish– Principal Associate, Khaitan & Cp.
5. Dr. Sanjay KP Pandey– Legal Advisor, Competition Commission of India.
6. Mr. Shubham Vijay– Principal Associate, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan.
7. Mr. Tushar Behl – Independent Counsel, of counsel at Unity Legal, Ex Associate at Luthra & Luthra and Delos International Arbitration CentreThe resource persons will delve into the practical as well as theoretical nuances of their respective practice areas and interact with the students regarding the requirements of corporate law practice in the contemporary world.
The course would be open for 3rd, 4th, and 5th year of B.A. L.L.B and L.L.M. The registration can be done at the given link . This is the preliminary registration, the form for the final registration shall be floated subsequently. The last day to register for the course is 20th of September 2022, 11:59 pm. No registrations beyond the following deadline will be entertained.
The course will be taught through online lectures by experts in the area of corporate law. Together with the lecture method, case study and collaborative method would also be adopted to analyze the issues surrounding the various aspects of legal and regulatory framework of companies. End of session assignment to be discussed in the next session like a dummy case study.
EVALUATION OF THE COURSE
Participants shall be required to attend minimum of 75% sessions to be eligible for an Exam that may be conducted as part of the evaluation for the course. There will be a set of questions which may consist of practical questions, case studies and MCQs. Each participant must secure 55% in order to become eligible for the award of certificate.
INR 500 (for RGNUL student)
Date:24th September onwards (Every weekend)
For queries, please contact the undersigned.
Avishikta Chattopadhyay (+91) 9800960982
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.