DNLU’s Centre for Research and Studies in Human Rights (CRaSH) is inviting submissions for its Blog, on ‘International Conflict & Human Rights’
About DNLU’s CRaSH
The Centre for Research and Studies in Human Rights (CRaSH), Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur, is an endeavour of the University to respond to the emerging regime of Human Rights. The Centre seeks to undertake interdisciplinary studies involving legal academia and other stakeholders and contribute in the best possible manner to the global pool of knowledge on the subject.
World is currently experiencing turmoil as ‘International Conflict’. Deviating from the original meaning of the term, increasingly, it also applies to inter-group conflicts within a country when one group is fighting for independence or increased social, political, or economic power such as noticed in Sudan/South Sudan, Iraq and Syria. In recent decades, armed conflict has plighted the lives of millions of civilians. Serious violations of international humanitarian and human rights law are common in many armed conflicts. Some of these violations have been seen to constitute genocide, war crimes or crimes against humanity.
The theme International Conflict and Human Rights is aimed at providing a platform to explore the causes, courses, and consequences of international conflict (including but not limited to war, revolution, political disputes, terrorism, and genocide).
Duration of the Theme and Submissions
As per new policy for Blog, effective from November 2022, the Centre calls for submissions on a monthly rolling basis. The submissions will be accepted from 15th of the month till 15th of the next month, for publication in the following month of the submission cycle.
The blog will run an overarching theme inviting submissions on the same. The broader theme will be effective for a period of 6 months. The general submissions will not impliedly be barred; however, acceptance of the general submissions will be at the discretion of the Editors.
Call for Blogs
In furtherance of this initiative, the Centre invites submissions from academicians, legal scholars and practitioners, researchers, and students with an aim to publish as blogs on the theme “International Conflict and Human Rights” along with General Submissions.
The Centre invites submissions from interested authors on or before November 15, 2022. All undergraduate and post-graduate students are eligible to submit their articles.
- Word Limit: The word-limit for the manuscripts is between 1000-1500 words.
- Font: All submissions must be made in the font Times New Roman or Georgia with heading size 14, text size 12 and spacing 1.5.
- Co-authorship: Up to a maximum of 2 authors is permitted.
- Citation Format: · Bluebook 20th edition.
- Format: All the entries should be submitted in (.doc) or (.docx) format.
- Originality: The entries must be original, unpublished, and an outcome of the author(s’) own efforts. The Blog follows a limited plagiarism policy and plagiarism beyond that limit will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog.
- Title: The title should be brief and one that clearly communicates the topic and conveys the essence of the piece to the reader.
How to Submit?
- The submission should be emailed at [email protected]
- The submission email should accompany a cover letter/email with the relevant details.
Note: The subject of the mail for submission should read ‘Submission for CRaSH Blog: Month & Year’.
The selection of manuscripts for publication shall be subject to the guided discretion of the Editorial team.
The Blogs are invited on a monthly rolling basis. The last date for each submission period is the last day as notified above, till 11:59 PM.
For resolution of any queries, write to [email protected] with the subject “Query”.
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.