ABOUT UTTARANCHAL UNIVERSITY
Uttaranchal University has at its core a commitment towards the diffusion of legal, scientific, technical
and professional knowledge on one hand and on the other the building up of the character of youth by
integrating ethics with education and practice with theory. Uttaranchal University can boast of being an
institution par excellence in offering a prodigious student life with access to comprehensive academic
courses, recreational facilities, cultural activities, a wide range of research endeavors, and industry
interface. The University is complemented by the pioneering efforts of more than a decade in legal
education, engineering and management which has won us a place among the premier institutes of
learning in the nation. Our never-ending dedication to offering the best infrastructure and faculty has
been amply rewarded by the excellent academic results achieved by our students. We are passionate
about ensuring the manifestation of a collaborative environment conducive to learning, exposure to the
best international practices and promotion of innovation and creativity. To add to its splendour, and
suits best to the title of “temple of education”, the University is situated in the lap of Devbhoomi,
Uttarakhand surrounded by a fascinating geological setting and is flanked by NH-72 on one side and a
beautiful broad slithering river on the other side. The pine trees surrounding the area lend a pristine and
wholesome ambience to the campus.
ABOUT LAW COLLEGE DEHRADUN
Law College Dehradun has splendidly contributed to legal education in the country since its inception and inauguration by His Excellency Shri Surjeet Singh Barnala, the then Governor of Uttarakhand in.It has set a paradigm for legal education in the nation by offering innovative, research-driven discourses that are aimed at striking a balance between legal theory and practice. With scholarly and experience-rich faculty, the college commands an enviable position of being in the league of topmost Law Schools of the country. The college has earned many laurels to its credit; it has pioneered the 5- years B.A.LL.B. and B.B.A.LL.B. integrated undergraduate course in the northern region of India, it is the first independent Law College and also the first to introduce one year LL.M. degree course in the state of Uttarakhand.
ABOUT YOUTH PARLIAMENT SOCIETY
Transcendence and continuity, hierarchy and collectivism, the characteristic elements of our thousand year old ‘tradition’, are the fundamentals of our socio-political psyche. Youth Parliament Society of the college is an innovative platform to hone the public speaking and argumentative skills of the students by discussing matters that concern the youth of our nation. We, the future custodians of this rich heritage, living in this modern age realize to the fullest extent the need for imbibing the modern values both political as well as social. The formation of Youth Parliament is an earnest endeavour to inculcate the essentials of liberty, equality and fraternity in ourselves and the youth in general. To fulfil such objectives, Youth Parliament Society of Law College Dehradun initiated a platform to discuss forums that simulate real Indian Governmental Bodies and discuss relevant issues within their ambit.
Consequently, they provide students with the skills for driving home their creative ideas and for finding
solutions to the problems that plague the nation.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University is pleased to announce the 2nd edition of the
NATIONAL POLICY MAKING COMPETITION: Niti- ??????? under the aegis of Youth Parliament Society.
Niti Shastra is a policy-making competition that provides a common platform to bring the bright brains
of the legal fraternity together. In this event, participants are free to elevate their mind by introducing a
new law or policy, or of the amendment to any existing law or policy which they dim fit to resolve the
legal conundrum of the nation. Participants can make their write-ups within the ambit of following laws
only- Constitution law, Labour law, Criminal law, Cyberlaw, Humanitarian law and family law.
We strongly believe that this event will provide participants with a liberal rostrum to ideate in the ambit of
Brochure for the Event: CLICK HERE
Registration Link for the Event: CLICK HERE
Last Date to Register: 15th September 2021.
Last Date to submit your Draft Bill/Article: 01st October 2021.
Email: [email protected]
Student Co-ordinators: (in case of any query you can also contact us):
Niharika Jha- 7004038633
Saakshi Suneja-90844 27841
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
- SHORT TERM AWARENESS COURSE ON CYBER CRIMES by World Cyber Security Forum; Register by15th September
- Call For Blogs –Vidhi Mitra Blog by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur: Submit by 25 September
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
- Call for Blogs – UPES Student Law Review Blog by UPES, Dehradun (Rolling Submissions)
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.