About Shobhit University
Shobhit University believes in strategic growth as envisaged in our mission and vision, to impart quality education through vertical and horizontal integration. It strives to become a world-class University, with a global perspective, that educates the future leaders of the world. Therefore, the challenge before the University is to remain at the forefront of cutting-edge knowledge and to follow the best international practice(s) in academics.
Shobhit University is a research-intensive university that shares the values of high-quality teaching within an environment of internationally competitive research. The University seeks to provide a creative and supportive environment in which ideas are generated and flourish. The University ranked 27 in Top Technical Universities in India by India Today Survey rankings 2021, The Week-Hansa Survey–2020 ranks the university as one among the top twenty-one universities of India in multi-disciplinary Universities in North Zone of
India. The Hon’ble State Minister of HRD on 17 February 2018 bestowed by The Associated Chambers of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM) India awarded Shobhit University with National Education Excellence Awards 2018 for Best University for Promoting Industry-Academia Interface.
The excellence and diversity of our research across the department of Ayurveda, Agriculture Informatics, Bio-Informatics, Biotechnology, Biomedical, Electronics, Informatics & Computer Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, Pharmacy, Physical & Mathematical Sciences, Management Studies, Humanities, Education, Law, and Naturopathy & Yoga means that in addition to our achievements in fundamental research, we are also well-positioned to make significant contributions to the national innovation agenda. Shobhit University has also been conferred upon the “Best University for Research
2017 Award” by the Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR).
About School of Law and Constitutional Studies
School of Law and Constitutional Studies (SLCS) is a constituent department of Shobhit University and is approved by the Bar Council of India. SLCS intends to introduce students to study law with an emphasis on the Constitution of India. The school focuses on legal studies with an understanding of how constitutional rules affect political and economic processes.
The school was formally inaugurated by Shri Keshri Nath Tripathi Ji, H.E. the Governor of West Bengal, and an eminent Advocate.
SCLS is approved by the Bar Council of India and is imparting top-class legal education since 2013. It offers various courses, such as BA.LL.B., B.Com. LL.B.(Hons.), BBA.LL.B.(Hons.) (5 yrs. integrated course), LL.B. (3 yrs. course), L.L.M (2years course), LLM (1year course), and Ph.D. It aims to nurture the finest Law Professionals to work in every spectrum of the legal areas. We attempt to instil in every student respect for the Rule of Law, Commitment to basic Professional Values: Honesty, Diligence, Competence, and Intelligence. The University School of Law and Constitutional Studies ranked 1 among top Law Schools of Excellence by CSR-GHRDC Law Schools Survey 2021.
DATE AND VENUE
2nd National Moot Court Competition shall be held on Friday, 12th November and Saturday, 13th
November 2021 at School of Law & Constitutional Studies, Shobhit Institute of Engineering and
Technology, deemed to be University, Meerut.
The competition is open for students pursuing 5 years integrated law course and 3 years LL.B.
Each team shall consist of three members (two speakers and one researcher). In the case
a medical emergency, the researcher will be allowed to argue instead of a speaker 1 or Speaker 2
with the prior permission of the Dean (SLCS).
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES
Winning Team: Winner Trophy Award & Cash Prize of Rs. 51000/-
Runner up Team Award: Runner up Trophy Award Cash Prize of Rs. 31000/-
Teams qualifying for Semi-finals: Each Team member shall be awarded with a trophy as a token of appreciation.
Best Memorial Award: Rs. 5000/- with trophy
Second Best Memorial Award: Rs. 3100/- with trophy
Best Mooter (Male) Award: Rs. 5000/- with trophy
Best Mooter (Female) Award: Rs. 5000/- with trophy
Best Researcher Award: Rs. 5000/- with trophy
- All the Participants will get participation certificates post the Valedictory Ceremony.
The interested teams or institutions are required to register for the competition by filling the registration form for Round I.
- Last Date of Registration (Round I): September 30th, 2021
- Last Date for the Submission of Memorial: October 20th, 2021
- Researcher’s Test: November 12th, 2021
- Preliminary Rounds I & II: November 12th, 2021
- Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals Rounds: November 13th, 2021
- Finals Rounds and Valedictory Session: November 13th, 2021
The detailed program shall be communicated to the participants via email.
Mode of Payment
To confirm participation, teams of every Institution should register themselves.
The registration process consists of the following:
Each Team is required to send a duly filled-in Registration form to [email protected] by 30th September 2021. The subject of the mail should bear “Registration for 2nd National Moot Court Competition – 2021”.
Forms received after the last date of registration will not be considered. In case of any changes in
the team composition, in terms of the members, the same must be officially conveyed to the Organizers before 8th November 2021.
Registration Fee – Rs. 5000/- for each participating team consisting of 3 members.
Ms. Mehak Batra
School of Law and Constitutional Studies
Shobhit Institute of Engineering and Technology – Deemed to be
Email: [email protected]
Utkarsh Gupta, B.Com. LL.B.- 5th Sem.
Alina Mini, BA LL.B. – 5th Sem.
Ishika Chauhan, BA LL.B. – 5th Sem.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
- SHORT TERM AWARENESS COURSE ON CYBER CRIMES by World Cyber Security Forum; Register by15th September
- Call For Blogs –Vidhi Mitra Blog by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur: Submit by 25 September
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
- Call for Blogs – UPES Student Law Review Blog by UPES, Dehradun (Rolling Submissions)
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.