Kanooniyat is a legal website providing daily legal updates to its user base, comprising law students, law aspirants, lawyers and legal professionals, in the form of articles, opportunities and legal jobs. Social media links: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook.
About Kanooniyat Mediation Plan Drafting Competition:
This Mediation Plan Drafting Competition by Kanooniyat aims to provide the participants with a competitive platform to learn about one of the most important skills an advocate must possess- that of mediation, which is a rapidly emerging field in Alternative Dispute Resolution. For the evaluation process, due emphasis will be laid on a candidate’s ability to succinctly put forward the relevant facts, mention the applicable laws and put forward arguments for the same. The reasoning provided, quality of research, and formatting and language used are also applicable criteria.
About Webinar on basics of Mediation Plan
As drafting a mediation plan is one of the main aspects of mediation and negotiation competitions, we at Kanooniyat are holding two supplementary Webinars on Basics of Mediation Plan Drafting and Mediation in India to aid you. These Webinars will prove immensely helpful in learning about the technicalities of drafting an impactful mediation plan.
Eligibility for Kanooniyat Mediation Plan Drafting Competition:
- Students (UG/ PG/ Certifications/ Diploma) from any stream from any University/ College/ Institute in India.
- Multiple entries from one participant are not permitted.
- Co-authorship (Team of 2) is permitted.
Awards and Perks:
- Winner: Rs. 2500 + Certificate of Merit
- Top 5 entries: Certificate of Appreciation
- Exciting internship opportunities to the winning persons (the first place holder, whether one participant or a team of two) by Sync Legal.
- Participation Certificates to all the participants (exclusive of the webinars).
- Free entry to the webinar on the basics of drafting a mediation plan by MediateGuru.
- The Mediation Plan must be written solely by the registered candidate (s) (co-authorship upto two is allowed), in English, and should not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The minimum word limit for the Mediation Plan is 900 words. There is no maximum word limit.
- All submissions have to be made in MS Word format and should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
- The page margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be aligned as justified.
- All claims of the author (s), in the body of the manuscript, are expected to be backed by reasons along with proper citations and shall not be mere assertions.
- Any violation of rules shall result in direct disqualification.
- The submissions will be scrutinized through plagiarism software. Permissible limit of plagiarism is 20%.
The participants have to choose one of the two mediation problems given, to work on.
Format of the Mediation Plan
Kindly specify the party name, a background of the dispute and a short biography of both parties. The Mediation Plan should contain a brief evaluation under each of the following headings:
- Mediation Strategy: What is your team’s strategy including its goals, objectives and its likely success for achieving a good outcome;
- Your team’s underlying interests – describe the interests that the Party plans to advance in the Mediation Session by reference to the Problem;
- Your team’s BATNA;
- The other Party’s likely underlying interests – describe the likely interests of the other Party by reference to the Problem;
- The other Party’s likely BATNA – describe the likely BATNA of the other party by reference to the Problem.
Kindly find a format for reference here.
Evaluation Criteria and Weightage:
1. Identifying key information, interests, opportunities, and impediments (30 marks)
2. Innovativeness and originality of the solutions offered (35 marks)
3. Lucidity and writing skills (20 marks)
4. Formatting and presentation (15 marks)
Copyright of the Submissions:
- All the Mediation Plan drafts submitted shall be the exclusive property of the organizers.
- The organizers shall be free to use the information/ views therein in any manner they require and deem fit.
- The decision of organizers in deciding the winner(s) shall be final and binding and no query, correspondence, etc. in this regard shall be entertained by the organizers.
- Mediation Plan draft submissions incompatible with the above rules and submission guidelines will not be considered for evaluation.
- The submission of entries to the competition implies acceptance of the above terms and conditions by the participant(s).
- Kanooniyat reserves the right to cancel the event at any point before the conduct of the event. In such a case, any fee paid as registration fee shall be refunded in full to the registered participants.
Registration and Submission Procedure
- Participants are required to register for the Mediation Plan Drafting Competition by paying the registration fee. (Link Mentioned Below)
- Once the registration fee is paid, participants have to take a screenshot of the same and fill the registration form.
- After they fill the registration form, participants will receive an email acknowledging the same from our end which will also have the submission link for the Mediation Plan Drafting Competition. The registration shall be complete after this step.
- Participants will have to submit their Mediation Plan drafts using the submission form before the deadline.
- The participants are required to submit their documents by 11:59 PM, 15th November, 2021, after which the submission form will not accept entries.
The participants are required to register for Kanooniyat’s Mediation Plan Drafting Competition by paying the registration fee of Rs. 300 (single author) or Rs. 450 (co-authors), through the payment link provided, before the registration deadline, i.e., 7th November, 2021.
Payment Link: CLICK HERE
Registration Link: CLICK HERE
|Last date to register||7 November 2021|
|Webinar on basics of Mediation||8 November 2021|
|Webinar on Mediation in India||10 November 2021|
|Last date to submit||15 November 2021|
|Declaration of Results||22 November 2021|
|Distribution of Awards and Certificates||26 November 2021|
In case of any queries related to this Mediation Plan Drafting Competition, feel free to contact us at:
Phone no.: 9645099772 (WhatsApp texts only)
- Webinar on “Importance of Planetary Well-being in the Contemporary World” by School of Law, Mahindra University: Oct 23!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘The Indian Legal System: A Critique” by Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH RGNUL): Oct 25!
- Online Certificate Course on Mergers and Acquisitions by Fortitude Learning: Register by Oct 27!
- Call for Papers | Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by Centre for Environmental Law, Advocacy & Research, National Law University, Assam| Submit by November 30, 2021
- Call For Submissions: 4th Edition Of The Muses [Department Of Law, University Of Calcutta, Literary Magazine]: Submit by Dec 31!
- 1st National MS Rathi Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2021 by LatestLaws.com X Indian Dispute Resolution Centre: Register by Oct 25!
- Call for Chapters in an Edited Book on Theme – “Human Rights & Intellectual Property Rights”: Submit by Nov 30!
- 3rd National Constitutional Law Quiz Competition by Kanoon Sangrah: Register by Nov 12!
- 2nd Online National Client Counselling Competition by Legis Scriptor: Register by Nov 10!
- Pre Invite | Workshop on Transactional Analysis, by Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU): Register by Oct 22!
- Online Debate Competition 2021 on Anti-Conversion Law, by UP Judicial Reforms Council, WICCI: Register by Oct 25!
- 1st Essay Writing Competition on International Laws and Policies by International Law and Policy Society(ILPS) NLUO: Register by Oct 25!
- National Debate Competition on Digital Liberty by Students for Liberty: Nov 13-14
- Webinar on “Social Media Literacy and Addiction.” by YIMF Academia: Oct 19
- International Conference (Ninth Virtual) on Human Rights and Gender Justice [December 4th 2021] by Kerala Law Academy: Submit By Nov 16!
- Call for Papers Volume IX | Issue 1: NLUO LAW JOURNAL [ISSN(O):2348-8913]: Submit Now!
- Webinar On Admissibility Of Electronic Evidences By GCRCJS, Gujarat National Law University: Oct 15!
- Lecture on “Adjudicating Bias: Stereotypes, Gender and Courts” By Ms. Jhuma Sen X Constitutional Law Society, NLUO: Oct 22!
- First Edition of International UILS Negotiation Competition By UILS, Panjab University: Register by Oct 25!
- Webinar on “Privacy as a Constitutional Tort” By School of Law, Mahindra University: Register Now!
- One-Week Multidisciplinary Workshop on “Interfaith and International Humanitarian Law” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘How the Law and Legal System in India has Failed to Deliver Justice” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.