About GLC Mumbai:
Government Law College, Mumbai, established in 1855 is the oldest law college in Asia, a pioneer in legal education – an institution par excellence. The generations of legal luminaries who have been nurtured by this unique institution have made a seminal contribution to the evolution of the Indian Legal System.
Wildlife Conservation Trust (WCT) was envisioned to preserve and protect India’s rich natural heritage. Currently, WCT works in and around 160 Protected Areas across 23 states in the country covering 82% of India’s 50 tiger reserves. WCT aims to reduce anthropogenic pressure on forests and river systems with the involvement of the forest department, local communities, corporates and other NGOs, with a firm belief in landscape-level conservation, factoring in the needs of people dependent on these forests
GLC Mumbai and Wildlife Conservation Trust are pleased to announce Initiative for Climate Action (ICA) as our Knowledge Partner and DSP Investment Managers as our Supporting Partners forthe 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition, 2021.
The ICA is a Bangalore-based transformative climate action non- profit with a vision that imagines, enables and accelerates low- carbon and zero- carbon futures of justice and sustainability. The ICA is currently focusing on developing and disseminating contextual and actionable climate knowledge and building collaborative frameworks that enable people to work together to solve complex climate problems. DSP Investment Managers (DSPIM) is an Indian asset management company (AMC), with a wide range of offerings across the risk-reward spectrum. DSPIM is backed by the 150+ year old DSP Group which has been very influential in the growth and professionalization of capital markets and the money management business in India. DSPIM has been an avid supporter of WCT’s initiatives & projects since several years. DSPIM is enthusiastic of its support to ‘Combating Wildlife Crime’ Project and looks forward to battling this grave issue and making a difference together. Visit us on www.dspim.com for more.
About the Competition
GLC Mumbai, in association with the Wildlife Conservation Trust and the Initiative for Climate Action, presents the 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition, 2021.
The Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition is India’s first wildlife conservation-focused Moot Court Competition. This years’ event marks its third edition, with the view of creating awareness on the challenges faced by wildlife among law students. The Competition is scheduled to be held online from 26th to 28th November 2021.
Government Law College, Mumbai, is pleased to invite a team from your esteemed institution to participate in the enriching experience of this Moot Court Competition. The theme for this year’s Moot Proposition is Compensation as a tool to mitigate human-wildlife conflict.
The Moot Proposition of the competition primarily deals with issues relating to Wildlife and Forest Law, highlighting the emerging legal landscape, and has been drafted by experts in the field. The participants will be made to go through extensive Mooting Rounds, to ensure that only the two best teams reach the Final Round of Arguments. All participants must present their Written Submissions prior to the Competition.
The Moot Court Competition will be conducted over three days where the participating teams will go through two Preliminary Rounds of Argument, the Quarter-Final Rounds of Argument, the Semi-Final Rounds of Argument and ultimately, the Final Round of Arguments. Eminent lawyers and Judges of the highest standing in India, academicians and experts in the field of wildlife and forest law shall converge to adjudicate the various rounds of the Competition. A unique feature of our Competition is a Panel Discussion which witnesses the representation of eminent personalities from the field of environmental law, wildlife conservation, media, etc. The panel discussion will provide teams with the opportunity to learn from and interact with these diverse professionals.
Registrations for the competition are now open. Your esteemed university can provisionally register for the competition by sending an email to [email protected] stating your interest to register. Please note that registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Participation is limited to 18 teams.
Only after the provisional registration has been confirmed will a link to a Google Form and details for the payment of registration fees be provided. The payment of registration fees will be through NEFT in the amount of Rs. 1,800/- (Rupees one thousand eight hundred only) the details of which will be provided once the provisional registration has been confirmed.
Please note that the teams must fill in the registration form and make the payment via NEFT before 26th September 2021, latest. The teams will be required to upload the screenshot/proof of the same while filling the google form for registration.
Participants must be current students of any recognised law college in the country. Each team shall comprise three students- two speakers and one researcher.
Last date for registration for the competition: 26th September 2021
Last date to seek clarifications: 30th September 2021
Last date of submission of soft copies of Memorials: 27th October 2021
Oral Rounds: 26th to 28th November 2021.
Ms. Shreya Bohra :- 8652110006
Ms. Lubaina Sutarwala :- 9619812699
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
- SHORT TERM AWARENESS COURSE ON CYBER CRIMES by World Cyber Security Forum; Register by15th September
- Call For Blogs –Vidhi Mitra Blog by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur: Submit by 25 September
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.