The USLLS ADR Blog invites crisp and analytical submissions pertaining to Alternative Dispute
Resolution Laws on a rolling basis.
About the University
Established in 2001, University School of Law and Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha
University is located in Dwarka, New Delhi, India. It is the first University to be in the vicinity of the
Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, various subordinate courts, commissions, tribunals and various
monitoring offices of national and international voluntary organizations. The Law School aspires to
open new vistas in the arena of law, legal studies, theoretical and clinical legal education through an
incessant endeavour towards developing academic potential, critical analytical ability, advocacy,
counselling and mediation skills so as to fully equip the students with learning which is intellectually
stimulating, socially vital and professionally enriching.
About the Blog
The USLLS ADR Blog is an initiative of University School of Law of Legal Studies, Guru Gobind
Singh Indraprastha University. We, at USLLS ADR Blog, believe that sustained academic deliberation
is required to ensure that the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution Law grows continuously, and
becomes the mainstream solution to disputes. Our aim is to provide a conducive platform that fosters
discussions and deliberations pertaining to the field of ADR by academicians, researchers, students
and practitioners. We hope to promote the culture of ADR and acquire the viewpoints of the various
stakeholders in the field. In pursuance of that vision, we have also constituted a diverse Advisory Board
consisting of extremely accomplished individuals in the field of ADR so as to enable the Blog to ensure
that the viewpoints of the various stakeholders are addressed through the holistic functioning of the
The Blog received its Inaugural Message from HMJ Rekha Palli, Judge, High Court of Delhi. Additionally, our inaugural blog series features the articles of 12 esteemed legal professionals from around the world. To read their blog pieces or to know more about us, please visit our website at here.
Board of Advisors
The members of the Board of Advisors are: Mr. Ratan K. Singh (Senior Advocate and Arbitrator), Mr.
Shashank Garg (Partner, Advani & Co. and Arbitrator), Mr. Divyakant Lahoti (Advocate-on-Record
and Arbitrator), Mr. Thomas P. Valenti (Attorney and Conflict Resolution Specialist), Ms. Veena
Ralli (Mediator and Organising Secretary, Samadhan – Delhi High Court Mediation & Conciliation
Centre), and Dr. Nidhi Gupta (Associate Professor, NLU Jodhpur).
We welcome all submissions pertaining to the field of ADR, subject to the following guidelines:
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name,
institutional affiliation, or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the
double-blind review process.
- Submissions should be original and unpublished work of the author(s). Any form of
plagiarism will result in an automatic rejection. Moreover, if the Turnitin similarity index
reports over 20% similarity (after making the relevant exclusions such as bibliography,
quotes, small matches etc.), then the submission shall be rejected.
- Submissions should be concise. They should range between 1000-2000 words. Longer posts
may be published in parts subject to editorial board’s discretion. The word limit is exclusive
General Formatting Guidelines
- Formatting Typescript
Font Type: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12
Line Spacing: 1.5
Text Alignment: Justified
- Citation Style
Method of Citation: Endnotes
Format of Citation: Bluebook 20th edition
Font Type: Times New Roman
Font Size: 10
Line Spacing: 1.0
Text Alignment: Justified
All submissions are put through a rigorous double blind review process where they are evaluated by
two editors on different parameters. The review process usually concludes within 14 days from the
date of receipt of the acknowledgment of the submission. Once the review is complete, the decision of
acceptance (conditional or unconditional) or rejection is communicated to the author. The authors
will be provided 10 days to make the necessary changes that may be suggested by the editorial board. It
is expected that the authors will make all changes in good faith.
Copyright and Exclusivity
Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the editorial board, the copyright over the
manuscript shall vest in the Blog. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the
The Blog only accepts exclusive publications. Once a manuscript is accepted, the same can not be
We accept rolling submissions. All submissions must be made to: [email protected]. The
file must be a word document (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). An abstract of not more than 100 words must
accompany the submission. The abstract is exclusive of the word limit for the article. The author(s) are
also requested to submit a short biography detailing their current designation and institutional
We have recently published our inaugural blog series which features the articles of 12 esteemed legal
professionals from around the world. To read their blog pieces or to know more about us, please visit
- “Call for Papers” by “International Cyber Research Journal”(Free Publication for Professionals) by WCSF: Submit by November 15, 2021
- 1st National debate Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL (Lincoln-Douglas debate format): Register by November 8!
- Global Symposium on Labour and Employment Laws by NLIU-NLUD: Submit by November 15!
- Kanooniyat Mediation Plan Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships, Free Webinars): Register by November 7!
- Webinar on “Importance of Planetary Well-being in the Contemporary World” by School of Law, Mahindra University: Oct 23!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘The Indian Legal System: A Critique” by Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH RGNUL): Oct 25!
- Online Certificate Course on Mergers and Acquisitions by Fortitude Learning: Register by Oct 27!
- Call for Papers | Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by Centre for Environmental Law, Advocacy & Research, National Law University, Assam| Submit by November 30, 2021
- Call For Submissions: 4th Edition Of The Muses [Department Of Law, University Of Calcutta, Literary Magazine]: Submit by Dec 31!
- 1st National MS Rathi Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2021 by LatestLaws.com X Indian Dispute Resolution Centre: Register by Oct 25!
- Call for Chapters in an Edited Book on Theme – “Human Rights & Intellectual Property Rights”: Submit by Nov 30!
- 3rd National Constitutional Law Quiz Competition by Kanoon Sangrah: Register by Nov 12!
- 2nd Online National Client Counselling Competition by Legis Scriptor: Register by Nov 10!
- Pre Invite | Workshop on Transactional Analysis, by Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU): Register by Oct 22!
- Online Debate Competition 2021 on Anti-Conversion Law, by UP Judicial Reforms Council, WICCI: Register by Oct 25!
- 1st Essay Writing Competition on International Laws and Policies by International Law and Policy Society(ILPS) NLUO: Register by Oct 25!
- National Debate Competition on Digital Liberty by Students for Liberty: Nov 13-14
- Webinar on “Social Media Literacy and Addiction.” by YIMF Academia: Oct 19
- International Conference (Ninth Virtual) on Human Rights and Gender Justice [December 4th 2021] by Kerala Law Academy: Submit By Nov 16!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.