About Kachwaha & Partners
Kachwaha & Partners is a full service law firm, with offices at Delhi and Mumbai (Bombay) and associate lawyers in most major cities of India. The main office of the firm is in New Delhi, conveniently located next to the diplomatic mission area. It is easily accessible from all parts of Delhi as well as its suburbs.
The Partners and members of the firm are senior professionals with years of experience behind them. They bring the highest level of professional service to clients along with the traditions of the profession, integrity and sound ethical practices.
Members of the firm are in tune with the work-culture of international law firms as well as the expectations of large corporate clients. The firm has amongst its clients multi nationals, embassies and leading Indian corporations.
About the event
To stimulate interest and foster growth of arbitration jurisprudence, we are happy to share that we are now accepting entries for the 8th Edition of Arb Excel (a national essay writing competition on the subject of arbitration).
The Competition is open for the third, fourth, and fifth year students in the five year law course and the second and final year students in the three year law course [It is not open to LL.M students].
Subject / topic
There is no prescribed theme / topic. The participants are free to choose a topic so long it is in the field of arbitration.
- Last date for submission: 31st January, 2022
- Declaration of results: 2nd May, 2022
1st prize – 1 lakh
2nd prize – Rs. 75,000/-
3rd prize – Rs. 50,000/-
“Finalists” – three prizes of Rs. 10,000/- and a book prize worth Rs. 10,000/- each.
“Honourable mentions” – three prizes of Rs. 10,000/- each.
The prize money will be net of withholding tax (currently 30%) and any other indirect taxes as may be applicable.
There is no registration fees and registration is automatic at the time of receipt of the article as per the Rules.
- All submissions should be made in an electronic form at [email protected] .
- The participants are required to submit two separate attachments. Attachment 1 should contain the following documents:
- Proof of author having met the eligibility criteria in Para I above (e.g. college identity card; certificate from the Head of Institute).
- Self-declaration by the participant that the work submitted is original in all respects.
- Self-certificate that the work has not yet been published or otherwise put in the public domain.
- The article should be submitted as Attachment 2 in a word format along with the following documents in the sequence mentioned below:
- page 1 – title page
- page 2 – short extract / summary of the article
- The title page should have the following details:
- article title
- author’s name and contact particulars
- college name and address
- email id for future correspondence
- The summary / short extract should not exceed 250 words (which would not be counted in the word limit for main article).
- The co-ordinator will within five working days acknowledge receipt of the article. If you do not receive an acknowledgment, please contact the co-ordinator.
Word limit and formatting:
- Article length should be between 3500 – 4500 words (excluding footnotes).
- The article should be submitted in word format only.
- The article and extract should be written in 12 pt calibre font with 1 inch margin on all sides, 1.5 paragraph spacing and a footer numbering pages as “page x of y”.
- Footnotes should be on the same page. Authors should not use supra, infra, ibid and should give full reference of the citation/ authority/ reference etc. wherever applicable.
- Avoid extensive footnotes or extensive quotations. Reference or paraphrasing of thoughts and ideas from standard works are acceptable without quotations, provided they are duly acknowledged in footnotes or otherwise as may be suitable.
- Each article must reflect author’s own research, writing and original thinking.
- Articles will be evaluated on the basis of original thinking, grasp of the subject, writing skills and choice of topic. The articles will be judged by the partners of the firm.
- Any copyright infringement / plagiarism shall result in automatic disqualification. The firm reserves the right to recall any prize if it is discovered later that the article suffered from any copyright infringement / plagiarism. Please do make full disclosure if the article is largely a result of a project in which the author was involved with the others.
- All rights including copyright will vest with the author. The firm will not publish any entry for public viewing but may publish a summary of the prize winning entries on their website.
- Each participant can submit one article only.
- Joint submission and co-authorship is not acceptable.
- The firm will preserve the entries for six months and may delete the same thereafter.
- The decision of the firm shall be final and binding on all participants.
- Participants are deemed to have read and fully understood all terms and conditions at the time of submission of entry.
- The queries, if any, must be sent latest by 19th November, 2021. Queries sent thereafter will not be entertained by the Co-ordinators.
Announcement of Results
The firm will issue a Press Release in relation to the prize winning entries and will also post the results on its website. The firm will inform the respective institutions of the winners.
- Queries can be addressed to the Program Co-ordinator, Ms. Ankit Khushu at [email protected] .
- The firm would welcome any feedback (positive or negative) or any thoughts on this competition (before or after the event) including structuring, timings, rules, regulations etc. at [email protected] . This will help us in our future endeavours.
Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Call For Papers | Journal Of Global Research And Analysis (JGRA) (ISSN: 2278-6775) by Geeta Institute Of Law, Panipat: Submit Now!
- International Webinar on- “What Lawyers Can Take Away From Law And Economics?” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Dec 10!
- 9th NLUO Bose & Mitra & Co. International Maritime Arbitration Moot 2022[24th-27th March 2022]: Registration Open!
- International Webinar on “Law, Institutional Decision Making And Social Choice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Dec 08!
- Call for Research Assistant, DPIIT IPR Chair, GNLU: Apply by Dec 11!
- Webinar on “Rights of auction purchaser under IBC and DRT” by The Dialogue Box: Dec 10
- Creative Writing Competition | Creative writing by EduMound: Submit by Dec 20
- Call For Papers | Lloydians – International Student Review Journal of Lloyd Law College |: Submit by Dec 15!
- National Quiz Competition on Human Rights by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register Now!
- Call for Blogs | Blog Series on “Right to Privacy and the Legality of Surveillance” by Centre for Internet and Society (CIS), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 15
- Call for Papers | Volume 2 Issue 2: International Journal of Advanced Legal Research (IJALR) [ISSN: 2582-7340]: Submit by Dec 31
- National Conference on”Reshaping the World through Sustainability: Emerging Trends Impacting Development’’ by Ideal Institute of Management and Technology: Submit by Dec 05!
- Online Consultation on the Mediation Bill, 2021 (FREE Webinar) by Bombay Chamber of Commerce: Dec 04!
- Expert Class on Objectivism and Digital Currencies with Dr Raymond C. Niles by South Asia Students For Liberty: Register Now!
- International Virtual Law Fest Lex Bonanza 2021 By Indore Institute Of Law – 17TH TO 19TH December 2021: Register by Dec 10
- 1st Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Constituent Assembly Debate Competition by LedX (Prizes worth 1 Lakh to be won): Register by Dec 6!
- National Seminar On ‘Contemporary Issues In Intellectual Property Rights: A Multi-Disciplinary Perspective’ By Centre For IPR (CIPR), UPES Dehradun: Dec 03
- DIPLOtics 1st International Model United Nations: [4th-6th February 2022]
- Lecture Series On ‘Law And Society’: Lecture 1by Jamia Hamdard: Dec 02!
- International Webinar on “Cryptocurrency-Its Legal Status and Future Challenges In India” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Dec 03!
- Call for Papers |International Seminar (Tenth Virtual) on Credibility of Evidence by Forensic Practices in Crime Investigation [January 8th 2022]: Submit By Dec 16!
- National Opinion Writing Competition 2021 by Navrachana University: Submit by Dec 26!
- Call for Papers | Journal for Law Students and Researchers [JLSR] [Volume III, Issue I]: Submit by Dec 1!
- 16th Edition Of The National Online National Quiz Competition by Legis Scriptor: Register by Dec 4!
- National Quiz Competition by Faculty of Law, Marwadi University: Register by Nov 25!
- National Lecture on Why Constitution Matters? by Jamia Hamdard: Nov 27!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.