About Panjab University
One of the oldest universities in India, Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has ranked 2nd in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) amongst Indian Universities declared by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 2020. It has ranked 4th amongst Indian institutes/ universities by International Ranking Agency, the Times Higher Education (WUR) in 2019- 2020. It has won the prestigious Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy for best all-round performance in sports among Indian Universities for continuous two years in succession 2018-19 and 2019-2020. University campus is spread over an area of 550 acres (2.2 km2) in sectors 14 and 25 of the city of Chandigarh. University has 78 teaching and research departments and 15 Centres/Chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh.
About University Institute Of Legal Studies
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes in the country with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counselling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc
The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practicing lawyers.
About International Peace Day
“ Peace will not come out of a clash of arms but out of justice lived and done by unarmed nations in the face of odds.” -Mahatma Gandhi The International Day of Peace was established in 1981by the United Nations GeneralAssembly.Two decades later,in2001, the General Assembly unanimously voted to designate the Day as a period of non-violence and cease-fire. Each year the International Day of Peace is observed around the world on 21 September. The UN General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, through observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire. In 2021, as we heal from the COVID-19 pandemic, we are inspired to think creatively and collectively about how to help everyone recover better, how to build resilience, and how to transform our world into one that is more equal, more just, equitable, inclusive, sustainable, and healthier. The pandemic is known for hitting the underprivileged and marginalised groups the hardest. By April 2021, over 687 million COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered globally, but over 100 countries have not received a single dose. People caught in conflict are especially vulnerable in terms of lack of access to healthcare. In line with the Secretary-General’s appeal for a global ceasefire last March, in February 2021the Security Council unanimously passed a resolution calling for the Member States to support“ sustained humanitarian pause” to local conflicts. The global ceasefire must continue to be honoured, to ensure people caught in conflict have access to lifesaving vaccinations and treatments. The pandemic has been accompanied by a surge in stigma, discrimination, and hatred, which only cost more lives instead of saving them: the virus attacks all without caring about where we are from or what we believe in. Confronting this common enemy of humankind, we must be reminded that we are not each other’s enemy. To be able to recover from the devastation of the pandemic, we must make peace with one another. And we must make peace with nature. Despite the travel restrictions and economic shutdowns, climate change is not on pause. What we need is a green and sustainable global economy that produces jobs reduces emissions and builds resilience to climate impacts. The 2021 theme for the International Day of Peace is “Recovering better for an equitable and sustainable world”. We invite you to join the efforts of the United Nations family as we focus on recovering better for a more equitable and peaceful world. Celebrate peace by standing up against acts of hate online and offline, and by spreading compassion, kindness, and hope in the face of the pandemic, and as we recover.UILS this year is celebrating International Peace Day by organizing a cartoon making competition. Come and participate in the competition.
• The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
• The competition is also open to the school students.
• No restriction on the number of entries from one university/college/institute/school.
Theme for the Competition
Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable WorldNOTE: One is free to choose any topic besides the above-given theme on the condition that it is relevant to the International Peace day and it should fulfil the objective of Peace day.
Registration & Submission
• No registration is required.
• One is required to register and submit one’s entry at the same time in the same google registration form by the following link :CLICK HERE
• Participants can register their entries up to 30th September 2021 by clicking the above link.
• There’s no Registration Fee for the Competition.
• Each participant can submit one entry.
• A valid identity proof of College/ University must be attached with an entry.
• Participants can send their entries via Google form upto 30th September, 2021.
• Comic and cartoon drawings can be with or without words (in English) and the submission can be composed of one cartoon or a series of comic strip.
• It can be made on the A3/A4 size sheet with margins drawn with black ink if handmade.
• All submitted comics are subject to approval and may not be accepted if found to be offensive.
• The theme should be the main focus.
• Name and class of study of the participant along with College/ University name must be clearly mentioned on the sheet.*Note: No kind of Plagiarism would be tolerated and the same would lead to disqualification.
• 1ST Prize: Rs. 1200plus Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
• 2ND Prize: Rs.1000plus Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
• Certificate of Recognition (E-Certificate) to Top 5 Winners
• Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate) to All
Prakhar Sharma: 9813755975 Vaibhavv Goyal: 9781520216
In case of any Registration and Certificate query, feel free to contact the below-mentioned coordinators :Vanshika: 6283178705
Jasmine Bedi: 7009951811
Riya Khanna: 7087969084
Aman Sharma: 7988366844
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
- SHORT TERM AWARENESS COURSE ON CYBER CRIMES by World Cyber Security Forum; Register by15th September
- Call For Blogs –Vidhi Mitra Blog by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur: Submit by 25 September
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.