About University Law College, Bangalore
The College was started in the year 1948 as a Government law college and subsequently became University Law College, Bangalore. The University Law College, Bengaluru is presently offering Five Year B.A.LL.B. (Honours) Programme and Two-Year LL.M. Programme with four specialization branches. The college and Department of studies are housed in the Jnanabharathi Campus of Bangalore University.
The College has proud Alumni including the former Chief Justice of India Hon’ble Justice M. N. Venkatachaliah, Former Judges of the Supreme Court Justice Hon’ble Justice N. Venkatachala, Hon’ble Justice N. Santosh Hegde, Hon’ble Justice R.V. Raveendran, and Chief Justices and Judges of the High Courts, three former Chief Ministers of Karnataka, many eminent Persons in the field of polity, law practitioners and academicians. Presently, Prof. Dr. Suresh V. Nadagoudar is the Principal & Chairman of University Law College and Department of Studies in Law, Bangalore University, and Prof. Dr. N. Dasharath is the Dean, Faculty of Law, Bangalore University, Bengaluru
About the MUN:
University Law College would like to provide a platform for deliberation as we strongly propagate education through experience. As a law college which has a legacy of responding to the needs of the time, we have initiated the Model United Nations conference to highlight the importance of issues that concerns global diplomacy, humanity, peace and justice. Hence, we believe that an opportunity to host a Model United Nations would expand the learning horizons of the participants by exchange of viable solutions and diverse view-points. It would be pivotal for the students to understand the nuances and intricacies of international law and the functioning of the United Nations Organisation and develop a better understanding of the global community.
All students pursuing under-graduate degree/post-graduate degree course in a government recognized educational institution are eligible to participate.
Glimpse of the First Edition
As a testament to our dedication towards shaping the global future, the collaborations for the First Edition of University Law College Model United Nations Conference included United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan (UNIC), United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime Education for Justice Initiative (UNODC – E4J), MUN Refugee Challenge of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), UN75 Dialogue Initiative. Our knowledge partners were Manupatra and National Book Trust of India
The MUN is scheduled for 8th, 9th & 10th October 2021
For registration of individual delegates, kindly fill this form here-
For Institutional Registration, kindly fill the form here-
(Please note that there should be at least 5 participants from an institution and one delegate in each committee to qualify as a delegation)
There is no registration fee for participation.
Cash Prizes worth Rs. 25,000 and other perks to being awarded to the winners
WEBSITE – (The details of the MUN have been published in the home page only)
Email: [email protected]
Divya V Hegde: +91 9353849929
Hitha K: +91 9344679039
Poornashree P: +91 7349710352
- HerForum The Huddle with Megha Bhagat on Social Entrepreneurship: Sept 25!
- SURAINA 2.0 by National Service Scheme X Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University: Register by Oct 22!
- 1st Edition of Law Fiesta, “JUSTITIA”: The Virtual Lex Fiesta 2021 by Centre for Legal Studies, Gitarattan International Business School [Oct 26-29]: Register by Oct 9!
- International Webinar on – Why Lawyers should know “Law and Economics”? by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 29
- Video Making Competition by DLSA North-West Delhi X VIPS: Register by October 3
- PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) by Department of Law, PIMR, Indore: Register by October 6, 2021
- DEBATE COMPETITION 2021 on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue: Register by October 21, 2021
- International Conference on ‘Future of ADR: Contemporary Issues and Challenges’ by HPNLU, Shimla [Nov 27-28]: Submit by Nov 1
- One Week National Workshop on “Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law by RGNUL: 6th- 12th October 2021
- Ist International Moot Court Competition by Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam: Register by October 23!
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.