About Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (M.P.)
The Dharmashastra National Law University has been established by the Madhya Pradesh
Dharmashastra National Law University Ordinance, 2018. The University has been allotted 120
acres of land in the lush green surroundings at Village Pipariya adjacent to the Jabalpur Airport.
State of the art infrastructure shall be established with all the modern amenities including
About the Centre for Law Economics
The Centre was formed to promote research in the conjoined fields of Economics and Law and to
understand the interdependent relationship that exists between the condition of the Economy and
the effect that it subsequently has on the economic laws of the country. It endeavours to provide
solutions for the current issues pertaining to Law and Economics. The Centre is all set to become
goodwill in its respective fields.
The aims and objectives include –
• To promote the interdisciplinary field of Law and Economics in India.
• To work towards understanding the core problems an individual of our society faces in the
context of Law and Economics.
• To publish journals and newsletters pertaining to the Centre’s interests.
• To gain perspective from well-known and experienced people in the field of Law and
• To make noteworthy contributions in the established area of research – Law and Economics
which would further add to the existing knowledge in the field.
• To conduct various types of competition and activities relating to the current and challenging
issues in the field of Law and Economics.
About the webinar
After successful conduct of guest lecturers and national webinar, with an illuminary panel of
speakers, who have attracted students of law, academicians, research scholars and dignitaries
from all over the country, the Centre puts a further step to decipher the needs of the era.
To accommodate the economic aspirations, a country needs to have a proper set of laws and
policies which can protect the economic system and provide appropriate mechanisms. The era
hence demands efficient laws and their operation in the legal world. The legal scholars hence
play an important role to strike a balance between the economic endeavours and limits of the
law. Through this webinar, we wish to muse on the dimension of the study of “law and
economics” as an indispensable part of legal studies.
About the Resource Person
Thomas Shahan Ulen is an American Law and Economics Professor, currently serving as
Swanlund Chair Emeritus at the University of Illinois at Urbana – Champagne. Prof. Thomas
S.Ulen received baccalaureates from Dartmouth College in 1968 and from St. Catherine’s
College at the University of Oxford in 1972. He earned a doctorate in economics from Stanford
University in 1979. Honorary Doctorate, Katholieke Universeit Leuven, Belgium, Board of
Directors, American Law and Economics Association. His highly regarded textbook, Law and
Economics, has been translated into Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, French, and Russian.
Registration Link- CLICK HERE
? Date: September 29, 2021
? Time: 7 PM (IST)
? Platform: Google Meet.
? NO REGISTRATION CHARGES
? Certificate of Participation*
*There is No Registration Charge to attend this webinar. However, those who want the
Participation Certificate need to pay Rs. 100 only after the webinar.
For more information, contact:
? Dr Isha Wadhwa, Director CLE, DNLU Jabalpur(M.P.)
Contact Number: +91 93997 52436
? Sukanya Nema, Student Member CLE
Contact Number: +91 94251 62631
? Harsh Jain, Student Member CLE
Contact Number: +91 62680 69230
Or mail your query at [email protected]
- Video Making Competition by DLSA North-West Delhi X VIPS: Register by October 3
- PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) by Department of Law, PIMR, Indore: Register by October 6, 2021
- DEBATE COMPETITION 2021 on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue: Register by October 21, 2021
- International Conference on ‘Future of ADR: Contemporary Issues and Challenges’ by HPNLU, Shimla [Nov 27-28]: Submit by Nov 1
- One Week National Workshop on “Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law by RGNUL: 6th- 12th October 2021
- Ist International Moot Court Competition by Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam: Register by October 23!
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.