About DLSA North-West
Delhi State Legal Services Authority erstwhile Delhi Legal Aid & Advice Board has been constituted by an Act of Parliament passed under “The Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987” as amended by Legal Services Authorities (Amendment) Act, 2002, to provide free and competent legal service to the weaker sections of the society to ensure that opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any citizen by reason of economic or other disabilities, and to organize Lok Adalats, to secure that the operation of the legal system promotes justice on a basis of equal opportunity. The DSLSA works under the administrative control of the High Court of Delhi.
The North-West District Legal Services Authority under the aegis of Delhi State Legal Services Authority functions the above – mentioned objectives at its office situated at Room No.-405, 4th Floor, Rohini Courts, New Delhi.
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies is affiliated to Guru Gobind Indraprastha University, recognised by Bar Council of India and UGC under section 2(f), with NAAC ‘A’ accreditation, is well known for its robust efforts in legal education. VIPS is founded on the teachings of Swami Vivekananda i.e., Man- Making, Character Building and Nation Building. In the past two years, 23 alumni have cracked the judicial exams. Till date, 43 students of VIPS have joined the Judicial Services across the country.
VIPS Legal Aid Centre was inaugurated in 2013 by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Pradeep Nandrajog, Judge, High Court of Delhi. Since then, our students have worked in legal aid camps, legal aid drive, Nukkad- Natak, poster making and video making competition and have brought laurels to the college.
About the Event
North-West District Legal Services Authority (under the aegis of NALSA and DSLSA) in association with Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, New Delhi has launched a Video Making Competition under the leaf of its social media campaign. It is an initiative to increase the scope of legal awareness and use the power of social media to aware the general public through IGTV and Reels. This will focus primarily on spreading legal literacy among all people. Therefore, we call upon law professionals, law students, or any person interested to record a ‘120-seconds video (maximum)’ on any legal topic or any meme (related to law). The same should be educational with some wittiness.
This competition shall be open for anyone who is an undergraduate and postgraduate from any Institute/University or any school student in India
- Content should be original.
- It should not be more than 120 seconds (in a compatible format)
- Content should be clear and factually correct
- Content can be edited or can include graphics
- Language used can be both English and Hindi. Credits will be given to the creator and their team.
- There is no fee for the submission.
- No use of foul language or hacks will be permitted.
- Multiple entries are allowed provided a maximum of three Reels/IGTV per team.
- Creators shall mention the following details in the mail:- Name, Contact number, College Details, Email Id, Instagram Handle
- The entries for this competition will begin from 17th September 2021.
- The last date for submission is 3rd October 2021 (11:00 am).
- The shortlisted videos will be uploaded on 5th October 2021.
- The counting of “LIKES” will be considered till 9th October 2021(05:00 pm)
- Results will be declared on 10th October 2021.
- The video shall be forwarded with a concept note in brief that will be used for Caption on the post along with the Instagram handles of the team on the email id: [email protected]
- Facilitation Ceremony to be held at the Office of DLSA, Patiala House Court, or any other place decided by the competent authority.
- Certificate of Appreciation will be given to the Winner along with the trophy.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to the participants of all the shortlisted videos.
- Content will be posted on the Official Pages of DSLSA and DLSA North-West.
- Opportunity to be a part of our upcoming Podcast Series
VIPS Legal Aid Centre
Email – [email protected]
Anubhav Seth Saharsh Panjwani
- PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) by Department of Law, PIMR, Indore: Register by October 6, 2021
- DEBATE COMPETITION 2021 on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue: Register by October 21, 2021
- International Conference on ‘Future of ADR: Contemporary Issues and Challenges’ by HPNLU, Shimla [Nov 27-28]: Submit by Nov 1
- One Week National Workshop on “Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law by RGNUL: 6th- 12th October 2021
- Ist International Moot Court Competition by Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam: Register by October 23!
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.